By Donna H.
A flavorful dip makes all the difference when enjoying a snack at home or when served at parties. Whether you love pairing a dip with chips, vegetable sticks or even chicken wings, it’s ideal to aim for variety to make eating more enjoyable. Why not ditch the store-bought kind this time and try a homemade version?
Here are 3 deliciously good slow cooker dips you can try making at home:
Quick Chili Cheese Dip
What you need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 packages cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cans chili without beans
- 1 medium jar salsa
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
Heat salted butter in a small pan and cook onion and garlic for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender. Transfer mixture to a crock pot. Add cream cheese, chili, salsa and jalapeno peppers to the pot. Stir to combine ingredients well. Cover and cook for 4 hours on low, stirring occasionally.
Creamy Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Dip
What you need:
- 1/2 kilogram thinly sliced rib-eye steak, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar Cheez Whiz
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cream cheese, softened and sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup processed cheese, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Mix together cream cheese and processed cheese in a crock pot and set on low heat. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and cook onion and bell pepper for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add Worcestershire sauce to the pan and allow to simmer. Stir in rib-eye steak, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, until steak is browned. Stir in Cheez Whiz and heat through. When ready, pour mixture in the crockpot with cream cheese and processed cheese. Stir to combine ingredients well. Cover and cook for 1 hour on low.
Crock Pot Cheeseburger Dip
What you need:
- 1/4 kilogram ground beef, cooked
- 4 pcs. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 cup cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat cooked ground beef in a pan over low heat. Add crumbled bacon (reserve a small amount for garnish), tomatoes with green chile peppers, cream cheese and Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend to the pan. Stir to combine ingredients well. Transfer mixture to a slow cooker. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 hours on low. When ready, stir in parsley and top and with reserved bacon.
Whether you’re snacking alone or serving a party, these good slow cooker dip recipes will not fail you!
Donna H. is a nutrition expert. Although not professionally, she has dedicated over a decade of her life researching and interviewing licensed nutritionists to gain the knowledge she has today – all for the love of healthy eating and dieting. She is an avid slow cooker and has contributed countless of recipes to countless popular websites.
Check out helpful tips and tricks as well as easy and delicious slow cooker recipes when using a crock pot.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Donna_H./1519703