3 Top Rated Slow Cooker Recipes You Will Enjoy
By Donna H.
Congratulations, you made a good decision purchasing a crock pot – cooking will be more convenient now more than ever! There are thousands of delicious dishes you can make from soups, stews, dips and sauces to appetizers, main courses and even dessert. Enjoy your first meals cooked using a crock pot – here are 3 of the most top rated slow cooker recipes that’s been tried and tested!
Honey Blackberry Pork Tenderloin
What you need:
- 1 kilogram pork tenderloin
- 2 cups seedless blackberry jam
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Rub tenderloin with rosemary, sage, salt and pepper then place on a crock pot. Pour blackberry jam, 1/4 cup honey and 2 tablespoons dry red wine over the meat. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours on low until very tender. 15 minutes before the tenderloin is done, combine blackberries, 1/2 cup red wine and 2 tablespoons honey in a saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Slice the pork and top with honey and blackberry mixture to serve.
The Best Bean and Bacon Chowder
What you need:
- 6 slices bacon, cooked to a crisp and crumbled
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups dried great Northern beans, rinsed and soaked overnight
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian-style seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Stir together crumbled bacon, carrot, potato, onion, celery, beans, Italian-style seasoning, ground black pepper and broth in a crock pot. Cover and cook for 7 1/2 to 9 hours on low. When ready, transfer 2 cups of the mixture at a time on a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Return mixture to crock pot, add milk and stir. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes on high.
Classic Slow-Cooked Swiss Steak
What you need:
- 1 kilogram beef round steak, sliced into strips
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Put flour in a medium bowl then dredge beef strips in it to coat. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat and cook floured beef strips for 7 to 8 minutes per side or until browned. Place cooked beef in a crock pot then add onion, garlic, Cheddar cheese soup, cream of mushroom soup, green bell pepper, Worcestershire sauce, browning sauce, salt and black pepper to the pot. Stir to combine ingredients well then cover and cook for 4 hours on high.
These delicious top rated slow cooker recipes will not disappoint as your first dishes cooked using a crock pot!
Donna H. is a nutrition expert. Although not professionally, she has dedicated over a decade of her life researching and interviewing licensed nutritionists to gain the knowledge she has today – all for the love of healthy eating and dieting. She is an avid slow cooker and has contributed countless of recipes to countless popular websites.
Check out helpful tips and tricks as well as easy and delicious slow cooker recipes when using a crock pot.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Donna_H./1519703