3 Vegan-Friendly Grill Recipes That Everyone Will Enjoy
By Adrian T. Cheng
Anything can be cooked on the grill – from heavy, juicy steaks to light healthy dishes. If you’re planning a barbecue and you have guests that are vegan or healthy eaters, try any of these quick yet enjoyable vegan-friendly grill recipes.
Grilled Garlic and Balsamic Mushrooms
What you need:
- 1 kilogram mushrooms, sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
In a bowl, combine garlic, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour mixture in a sealable plastic bag. Place mushrooms in the bag and shake to coat with mixture. Seal and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. When ready, place mushrooms in skewers and discard excess marinade. Grill mushrooms over medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until tender.
Honey Lime Grilled Cauliflower
What you need:
- 2 large heads cauliflower, leaves removed and ends trimmed
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Lime wedges, for serving
Trim the sides of the cauliflower heads and slice into 4-inch “steaks”. In a small bowl, combine the lime juice and olive oil then add the garlic and honey. In a separate bowl, combine the lime zest, paprika, chipotle and salt. Brush both side of the cauliflower heads with honey lime mixture then sprinkle with chipotle mixture. Cook on a pre-heated grill, covered, over medium high heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Avocado and Lettuce Caesar Salad Grill Style
What you need:
- 1 avocado, pitted and quartered
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, quartered lengthwise, leaving stems intact
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shelled hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
Brush Romaine lettuce with grapeseed oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook lettuce and avocado on a pre-heated grill (avocado should be skin side down) over high heat for about 2 minutes per side. When ready, allow to cool on a plate. To prepare the dressing, combine the garlic, hemp hearts, water, lemon juice, yeast, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour dressing over grilled avocado and lettuce to serve.
Eat healthy with these yummy vegan-friendly grill recipes!
Adrian T. Cheng is a food blogger and a BBQ expert. Through years of grilling experience, reviewing various grill gadgets and trying delicious and unique recipes, he is sharing his knowledge with everyone through his blog. For more grilling secrets, tips, recipes and more, head over to Adrian’s website where he has other interesting posts.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Adrian_T._Cheng/2109020