Annular Eclipse “RING of Fire” February 26, 2017
On February 26, 2017, an annular eclipse will take place over the Southern Hemisphere. This event will occur along a very narrow path that starts over the South Pacific Ocean, crossing South America, the Atlantic Ocean and will end in Africa.
A much larger swath of the world can watch a partial solar eclipse to the north and south of this annular eclipse path. Because the new moon is too far away to totally cover over the solar disk, an annular eclipse showcases an annulus – or ring – of sunshine encircling the new moon silhouette. A “ring of fire” eclipse.
- Check Out the Iridium-2 Launch Webcast - June 25, 2017
- Solar Eclipse Across America: Science, Yes, and So Much More! - June 24, 2017
- Playster Partners With Nelvana To Add Popular Kids’ TV Shows To Its Catalog - June 21, 2017
- Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow Is Launching On June 29; Reveals New Animation Featuring Stephen Hawking, George Takei, Bill Nye, And Neil Degrasse Tyson - June 20, 2017
- Young Jamaican Actor Breaks Barriers, Opens Yacht Charter Company – Creates History - June 19, 2017
- E3 2017 WRAPS AFTER RECORD ATTENDANCE - June 17, 2017
- FLIGHT OF BOEING 787-10 AND 737-MAX 9 IN DRAMATIC DISPLAY - June 17, 2017
- ON THE HUNT FOR PORCH PIRATES - June 12, 2017
- Are UFOs Real? Ask Me, Please! - June 12, 2017
- Six Questions to Ask Your Insurance Agent - June 7, 2017