Today, Wednesday, April 19, 2017, at 7:00 PM EDT, Asteroid 2014 JO25 will make a close pass by of the Earth.
The asteroid is safely passing us at some 1,098,733 miles ( 1,768,239 km ) from our planet or about 4.6 times the distance from Earth to the moon.
Asteroid 2014 JO25 was discovered by astronomers at the Catalina Sky Survey near Tucson, Arizona in May 2014.
After analyzing the orbit of Asteroid 2014 JO25, astronomers have realized the April 19 encounter is the closest this asteroid has come to Earth for at least 400 years.
- New CPSC Report: Fatal Drownings in Pools Involving Young Children Decreases By 17 Percent Nationwide Since 2010 - May 23, 2017
- McAuliffe First Governor to Fly in Autonomous Aircraft - May 22, 2017
- Victaulic, American Red Cross and United Way Collaborate to Prepare Youth for Emergencies - May 20, 2017
- The Results Are In: Pizza Hut® Releases Pizza Party Stats In Honor Of National Pizza Party Day; East Coasters Know How To Pizza Party - May 19, 2017
- THE CHAVEZ RAVINE STORY- BEFORE THE DODGERS - May 19, 2017
- Millions Of Women Suffer From Fibroids - May 19, 2017
- From Universal Pictures Home Entertainment: The Fate of the Furious - May 18, 2017
- Character and Entertainment Brands Take Center Stage at Licensing Expo 2017 - May 18, 2017
- Star Trek: Discovery – First Look Trailer - May 17, 2017
- Umami Burger Debuts Famed ‘Impossible Burger’ At Multiple West Coast Locations - May 17, 2017