Today, Wednesday, April 19, 2017, at 7:00 PM EDT, Asteroid 2014 JO25 will make a close pass by of the Earth.
The asteroid is safely passing us at some 1,098,733 miles ( 1,768,239 km ) from our planet or about 4.6 times the distance from Earth to the moon.
Asteroid 2014 JO25 was discovered by astronomers at the Catalina Sky Survey near Tucson, Arizona in May 2014.
After analyzing the orbit of Asteroid 2014 JO25, astronomers have realized the April 19 encounter is the closest this asteroid has come to Earth for at least 400 years.
- Playster Partners With Nelvana To Add Popular Kids’ TV Shows To Its Catalog - June 21, 2017
- Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow Is Launching On June 29; Reveals New Animation Featuring Stephen Hawking, George Takei, Bill Nye, And Neil Degrasse Tyson - June 20, 2017
- Young Jamaican Actor Breaks Barriers, Opens Yacht Charter Company – Creates History - June 19, 2017
- E3 2017 WRAPS AFTER RECORD ATTENDANCE - June 17, 2017
- FLIGHT OF BOEING 787-10 AND 737-MAX 9 IN DRAMATIC DISPLAY - June 17, 2017
- ON THE HUNT FOR PORCH PIRATES - June 12, 2017
- Are UFOs Real? Ask Me, Please! - June 12, 2017
- Six Questions to Ask Your Insurance Agent - June 7, 2017
- Imagine A World Without Alzheimer’s - June 7, 2017
- Five Tips for a Cleaner Plate This Summer - June 6, 2017