Today, Wednesday, April 19, 2017, at 7:00 PM EDT, Asteroid 2014 JO25 will make a close pass by of the Earth.
The asteroid is safely passing us at some 1,098,733 miles ( 1,768,239 km ) from our planet or about 4.6 times the distance from Earth to the moon.
Asteroid 2014 JO25 was discovered by astronomers at the Catalina Sky Survey near Tucson, Arizona in May 2014.
After analyzing the orbit of Asteroid 2014 JO25, astronomers have realized the April 19 encounter is the closest this asteroid has come to Earth for at least 400 years.
- ASTEROID 2014 JO25 MAKES A CLOSE APPROACH - April 19, 2017
- Legion M Community To Host Nationwide Fan Meet-Ups for Their First Feature Film “Colossal,” Starring Anne Hathaway - April 13, 2017
- TRAVELING ON YOUTUBE - April 7, 2017
- SQUARE EGG ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES NEW EVENT - April 5, 2017
- ON BEFORE CABLE - April 1, 2017
- SQUARE EGG ENTERTAINMENT 2017 SHOW DATES - March 31, 2017
- THIS IS “IT!” - March 29, 2017
- SQUARE EGG ENTERTAINMENT EXPANDS PARTNERSHIP WITH KIDS NEED TO READ - March 27, 2017
- Square Egg Entertainment says goodbye to Keen Halloween - March 27, 2017
- RIDE PONTIAC… RIDE - March 17, 2017