Today, Wednesday, April 19, 2017, at 7:00 PM EDT, Asteroid 2014 JO25 will make a close pass by of the Earth.
The asteroid is safely passing us at some 1,098,733 miles ( 1,768,239 km ) from our planet or about 4.6 times the distance from Earth to the moon.
Asteroid 2014 JO25 was discovered by astronomers at the Catalina Sky Survey near Tucson, Arizona in May 2014.
After analyzing the orbit of Asteroid 2014 JO25, astronomers have realized the April 19 encounter is the closest this asteroid has come to Earth for at least 400 years.
- It’s Time For the Delta Aquarids 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Stephen Hawking and David Attenborough Films Nab Multiple Emmy® Nominations for Documentary Streaming Service CuriosityStream - July 26, 2017
- Star Trek: Discovery – Official Trailer - July 23, 2017
- THE BLUE MAN (a.k.a. ETERNAL EVIL) AT THE FANTASIA FILM FESTIVAL - July 21, 2017
- Mattel Launches New Franchise Enchantimals™ - July 21, 2017
- NBA All-Star Kevin Durant makes surprise appearance at Austin’s IDEA Rundberg as part of BBVA Compass’ Summer of Opportunity - July 20, 2017
- Mattel And WWE® Launch Girls Product Line - July 20, 2017
- Vampire Comedy Web Series Filming on Long Island - July 20, 2017
- AARP and Ad Council Launch New PSA Campaign to Empower Millions of Americans to Get on Track for Retirement - July 19, 2017
- 76 percent of U.S. workers do not fear automation, according to Randstad US - July 18, 2017