Delicious Mayonnaise Snacks
By Shabir S Joosub
Mayonnaise is such a versatile condiment that tastes great and works with many types of foods. Mayonnaise is made up mainly of eggs and has a thick consistency that works for anyone.
- Coleslaw is the most famous side dish and snack that contains mayonnaise. The dish consists of cabbage and carrots shredded to make thin pieces. What makes this dish delicious is how the mayonnaise complements the vegetables without giving the dish an overpowering taste.
- Chicken and Tuna Mayo is a sandwich that, believe or not, is not entirely unhealthy. Instead of having condiments that contain many unhealthy preservatives, you have mayonnaise which doesn’t contain as many flavourings and added ingredients.
- Devilled Eggs taste amazing if you are a person who has the taste buds for this snack. The eggs are boiled until it is hard. They are then cut in half and have the yolk removed and placed into a bowl. Mayonnaise and curry powder is then added to the egg yolk and mixed together until smooth. Using a piping tool, you can refill the egg whites and add paprika as a garnish.
- Egg sandwiches are great for people who don’t enjoy eating meat. This is such an easy snack that children could prepare it (provided an adult is supervising). For the egg fill you first need to cook the egg as if making scrambled eggs. Once it is cool, you add mayonnaise and mix it well then add it to the toasted bread. Toasted bread is more stable and doesn’t absorb liquids as quickly.
- You can also use mayonnaise to complement the snack you brought with to work. To spice it up a bit and allow yourself extra flavours, why not add a bit of curry powder to it? You can then dip your favourite (or least favourite) snack into the sauce. If you don’t enjoy curry powder, other possible spices or ingredients to add to your dip would be paprika, chilli slices, cucumber, melted cheese (which will need a bit more preparation), or your favourite bell pepper. If you use spices a lot you may want to get them in bulk from a cash and carry wholesaler.
- Other traditional side dishes and snacks also include mayonnaise. Some people will make pasta salad that gives them their daily intake of carbohydrates. To make this you first need to cook the pasta according the packet instructions, and then add the mayonnaise, salt and pepper. This is a simple dish that can taste good without being over filling.
J&E Cash ‘n Carry is one of South Africa’s biggest wholesalers in the following categories of products: Cosmetics, Groceries, Sweets, Personal Care, Household, Health, Beauty, Baby, Hardware, Electric & Stationery. We supply traders only, and offer the highest standards of service, the cheapest deals, and the best buying experience.
Visit our website and call us on 012 327 5000 or email email@example.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Shabir_S_Joosub/1949167