Delicious Pasta Recipes You Can Cook Using Your Slow Cooker
By Adrian T. Cheng
Aside from using less electricity compared to an oven, slow cookers are known to bring out the flavour of food in general. It’s also an easy way to prepare dishes such as casseroles, soups, stews and even pasta!
Here are 3 must-try slow cooker pasta recipes:
Crock Pot Beef Lasagna
What you need:
- 1 package lasagna noodles
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/2 kg. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat in a skillet until brown. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano. Cook for 3 t0 5 minutes more or until heated through. Combine mozzarella, cottage cheese and parmesan in a large bowl. Place a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles at the bottom of a slow cooker (break noodles to fit slow cooker), then spread ground beef mixture over it. Place another layer of noodles but this time top with cheese mixture. Continue layering these ingredients until all have been used. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti
What you need:
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and sliced into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups spaghetti, cooked to al dente
- 2 cups diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 1/2 cups condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup processed cheese food
Combine tomatoes, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom and cheese food in a slow cooker. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese has melted. Add cooked chicken ang spaghetti to the cooker and heat through. Lower heat and cook for about 40 minutes more.
Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
What you need:
- 2 cups macaroni pasta
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 cups diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 cup processed American cheese, cubed
- 1 cup light cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Spray the bottom of a slow cooker with cooking spray then place macaroni pasta in there. Add evaporated milk, American cheese, cream cheese, milk, whipping cream, butter and Dijon mustard to the pot and stir to combine ingredients well. Cook on low for 4 hours. When ready, stir in diced tomatoes before serving.
Enjoy these hearty slow cooker pasta recipes for your next meal!
Adrian T. Cheng is a food blogger who promotes healthy eating. He has written numerous posts and articles about natural herbs and spices, shared countless of delicious and healthy recipes and reviewed kitchen accessories that are affordable yet of quality. You can view Adrian’s posts about going green and other nutrition tips and tricks on his page.