Family Guy Fans Everywhere Now Have a New Reason to Party!
LOS ANGELES, April 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — In its fourth collaboration with FoxNext Games, today Jam City announces the worldwide launch of FAMILY GUY: Another Freakin’ Mobile Game, a hilarious and boundary-pushing twist on the match-3 genre featuring characters and humor fans have grown to love over the past 18 years. FAMILY GUY: Another Freakin’ Mobile Game is available to download for free through the App Storeand Google Play worldwide.
Created in close partnership with the Family Guy Production team, FAMILY GUY: Another Freakin’ Mobile Game, gives anyone with a mobile device access into the town of Quahog to follow Peter around in his booze truck. The puzzle-based game gives players a chance to interact with everyone’s favorite characters from the FAMILY GUY universe.
“We absolutely love the FAMILY GUY brand — the rebellious, in-your-face dialogue and positioning of the show,” said Josh Yguado, Co-Founder and President and COO of Jam City. “Many popular mobile games are sweet, straightforward, and vanilla. With FAMILY GUY: Another Freakin’ Mobile Game, we wanted to take this opportunity to create a mobile game that is much edgier, louder, takes risks and is made for adults.”
The First Story Driven Puzzle Game for Adults
FAMILY GUY: Another Freakin’ Mobile Game is not your typical match-3 game. Game-play experience includes:
- Introducing new audiences to the genre through Family Guy’s shocking humor, content, and storyline. Match choices reveal entertaining in-game character animation.
- Endless fodder for fans. New content added weekly, featuring regular episode tie-ins that introduce storylines, hijinks, and debauchery from the show into the game.
- Out-of-the-box game modes. Serve drinks to Peter Griffin and the cast, battle the Giant Chicken in epic Boss Fights, and much more.
“Another freakin’ mobile game? I think we all feared this was coming,” said Rick Phillips, EVP, FoxNext Games. “There’s no better way to turn match-3 on its head than bringing the gang from Quahog into the mix.”
Jam City has made a science out of turning some of Hollywood’s largest entertainment franchises into hit mobile games. The mobile gaming publisher is the creator of 6 of the Top 100 highest grossing games played in the United States across both iPhone and Android devices.
FAMILY GUY: Another Freakin’ Mobile Game is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, at (http://jamcity.me/AFMGiOS), on Google Play at (http://jamcity.me/AFMGgp), and available via all major app stores worldwide. The game is translated in 14 languages for players to enjoy around the world. For a limited-time only, players who download FAMILY GUY: Another Freakin’ Mobile Game will receive a special in-game gift.
About Jam City
Jam City is a Los Angeles-based mobile game publisher with global reach. Created in 2010 by former MySpace co-founders Chris DeWolfe, Aber Whitcomb, and former Twentieth Century Fox executive Josh Yguado, Jam City is the creator of 6 of the Top 100 highest grossing games across Apple’s and Google’s US app stores. Its portfolio of titles–which includes Cookie Jam, Panda Pop, Genies & Gems, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff and Marvel Avengers Academy–has been downloaded more than 800 million times and is regularly played by more than 50 million people per month. Jam City has studios in Seattle, San Francisco, San Diego and Buenos Aires.
About FoxNext Games
FoxNext Games, a division of the FoxNext group, produces award-winning games based on Twentieth Century Fox’s globally-recognized film and television properties. FoxNext Games brings triple-A quality and enjoyment to millions of players every day with games including ALIEN™ ISOLATION, ANGRY BIRDS™ RIO, THE SIMPSONS™ TAPPED OUT, FAMILY GUY: THE QUEST FOR STUFF, ANIMATION THROWDOWN: THE QUEST FOR CARDS, SUGAR SMASH: THE BOOK OF LIFE and many more.
SOURCE Jam City
CONTACT: Media Contacts: Sarah Ross for Jam City / email@example.com / 310-924-1404; Kjell Vistad | Gilberto Gamboa, ONE PR Studio (for Jam City in the US) / firstname.lastname@example.org / 510-893-3271
- Video Gamer Streams for 24 Hours to Support Wounded Warrior Project - June 24, 2017
- PDP Makes PS4 Control Easy with New Media Remote - June 20, 2017
- Turtle Beach Strengthens International Presence By Signing Partnership With Esports Powerhouse – Splyce - June 16, 2017
- DigitalTrends.com Names Top Games of E3 2017 Award Winners - June 15, 2017
- E3 2017 Closes After Welcoming 68,400 Attendees - June 15, 2017
- Alienware and Dell Double Down On High-Performance PC Gaming and VR - June 14, 2017
- Wangyuan Shengtang unveils new chapter in Chinese game market with the updated version of its popular game title Faith of Danschant at E3 - June 13, 2017
- Square Enix Announces E3 2017 Lineup - June 13, 2017
- LucidSound® Announces the LS25 eSports Gaming Headset for PC, Console, Mobile Platforms - June 12, 2017
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world’s most powerful console - June 11, 2017