New 2 in 1 Cable Modem + Router Reduces Clutter and Provides High Speed Wi-Fi
PLAYA VISTA, Calif., May 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Linksys®, a leader in networking solutions for the home and business today announced it is shipping its first Cable Modem + Router (also known as a Gateway): the new AC1900 Dual-Band Cable Modem Router (CG7500). The 2-in-1 AC1900 Cable Modem Router combines a DOCSIS 3.0 24×8 Modem and AC1900 Wi-Fi Router into one space saving, high-performing wireless device, with wireless speeds up to 1.9 Gbps*. This new gateway eliminates the need for a separate cable modem, so users have fewer devices cluttering their space, and is ideal for busy online households offering ample bandwidth for streaming, online gaming, and more. Built for internet plans up to 300 Mbps*, it’s compatible with major service providers including Spectrum® and Xfinity® – helping to eliminate annual rental fees up to $120.
As cable broadband service providers roll out more premium cable services, the requirement for having the right hardware to go along with new services is critical to ensuring customers maximize their internet speeds. “Combining the Wi-Fi router with a cable modem as a single solution helps consumers declutter their home environments while eliminating extra hardware rental costs charged by most cable companies,” said Brian Nickell, product manager at Linksys. “Our entrance into the gateway market shows our commitment in providing consumers with high performance cable products combined with the latest wireless technology to deliver the ultimate Wi-Fi experience throughout the home.”
Linksys High Speed AC1900 Dual-Band Cable Modem Router, DOCSIS 3.0 24X8 (CG7500)
The Linksys AC1900 Cable Modem Router is a 24X8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and a wireless AC1900 router all-in-one. Users will get superior Wi-Fi performance and enjoy networking speeds of AC1900 Mbps (N600 + AC1300),† making it ideal for large households, gamers, and HD video enthusiasts. With DOCSIS 3.0, this Wi-Fi cable modem router uses 24 download and 8 upload channels that maximize media streaming and file transfers to create a more efficient broadband connection.
- Upgraded Wireless-AC Speeds: Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.9 Gbps*
- Eliminate Rental Fees: Save up to $120 a year in rental fees by not having to rent a separate cable modem or modem router
- DOCSIS 3.0 24X8 Cable Modem for broadband packages up to 300 Mbps
- Optimize your existing cable broadband connectivity with 24 download and eight upload bonded channels
- Simple Plug-and-Play Setup: Get started right out of the box with no CD setup
- Compatible with all major cable providers
- Certified for DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Internet Standard
- Powerful Dual-Core processor for maximum performance
- Advanced Connectivity: Four Gigabit and one USB 2.0 port
Pricing and Availability
The Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Cable Modem Router (CG7500) is available immediately for pre-order and will be available for instore purchase this weekend. The CG7500 will be available at Amazon, Best Buy.com, B&H, Micro Center, New Egg, Office Depot, Target and Walmart, Fry’s, Meijer and Linksys.com for an estimated street price of $199.97.
The Linksys brand has pioneered wireless connectivity since its inception in 1988 with its leading innovation and engineering strategies, and best-in-class networking technology, design, and customer service. Linksys enables a connected lifestyle for people at home, at work and on the move, and with its award-winning products, simplifies home control, entertainment, security and Internet access through innovative features and a growing application and partner ecosystem. For more information, visit linksys.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or watch us on YouTube.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. An active, customer-purchased Internet service provider broadband account is required for connection of this cable modem router and other connected computers and devices to the Internet. Some devices may require additional wireless adapters or an Ethernet cable to connect to this cable modem router.
- 1.9 Gbps based on DOCSIS3.0 throughput. Maximum speed varies depending on the service provided by the cable operator. IPv6 availability is dependent upon your ISP or service provider providing IPv6 capability.
300 Mbps represents the advertised throughput you can achieve with the Internet plan provided by your cable service provider. Actual throughput may be lower than 300 Mbps, as this throughput is dependent on your contract with your cable service provider.
Maximum router performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Speed references are provided, marketed, and sold by your broadband service provider and not Linksys. Actual performance may vary, including lower network speed and data throughput rate. Performance depends upon many factors, conditions and variables, including products used, number of users accessing the Internet, type of traffic generated by each user (interactive browsing versus video streaming), interference, and other adverse conditions.
†The standard transmission rates—1300 Mbps or 600 Mbps (for 5 GHz), 600 Mbps (for 2.4 GHz)—are the physical data rates. Actual data throughput will be lower than indicated and may depend on the mix of products used and external factors.
May require a software/firmware update available for download at linksys.com/support.
© 2017 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Belkin and Linksys are trademarks of the Belkin group of companies. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
CONTACT: Karen Sohl, Director, Global Communications, Belkin/Linksys/WeMo, Karen.Sohl@Belkin.com, 714 658-7330
- Judas Priest Announce New Mobile Game, ‘Judas Priest: Road To Valhalla’ Is Available Today - July 19, 2017
- HBO Streams ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Using Level 3’s CDN - July 17, 2017
- Wargaming “Remembers Dunkirk” Across Full Slate of WWII-era Video Games - July 17, 2017
- Official Star Wars The Last Jedi Teaser Posters - July 15, 2017
- Jam City Brings the Magic of Peanuts to Players and Canine Companions with Launch of New Bubble Shooter Game, Snoopy Pop - July 11, 2017
- Musk Shows Off Model 3 Pictures - July 9, 2017
- Blizzard Announces New Hearthstone Expansion - July 6, 2017
- ALL OF DISNEY’S WONDERFUL WORLDS COME TOGETHER AT D23 EXPO — JULY 14–16, 2017, IN ANAHEIM, CALIF. - July 4, 2017
- Futurama: Worlds Of Tomorrow Launches Today On The App Store And Google Play - June 29, 2017
- Nintendo announces Super NES Classic Edition Release Date and More - June 26, 2017