LAS VEGAS, April 30, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Dell Technologies World —
- Dell Technologies Innovators and Trailblazers customer award winners unveiled
- Dell expects to gain worldwide share for the 21st consecutive quarter in PCs and gain share in both servers and storage in first quarter of 2018
- Dell Technologies Capital completes 24 investments, 11 exits, and three “unicorn” DTC portfolio IPOs since emerging from stealth
- Dell Technologies accelerates partner business growth with broader offerings and increased incentives
Dell Technologies Chairman and CEO Michael Dell today kicks off one of the IT industry’s premier events, Dell Technologies World 2018. An expected 14,000 visitors gather this week to experience how the industry leading Dell Technologies businesses will play a fundamental role in helping them envision and realize their digital future. In addition to the largest-ever collection of onsite Vegas attendees for the show, an additional 35,000 from around the world are expected to participate through live streamed and on-demand virtual Dell Technologies World video experiences.
“Dell Technologies World is our opportunity to share our vision of technology as the driver of human progress in every corner of the world,” said Michael Dell, chairman and CEO, Dell Technologies. “We will showcase ways, big and small, our customers are using technology to change the world for the better, whether through a reimagined process or a reimagined industry. We talk often about technology solving our greatest challenges, and we’re making more progress more quickly than ever before.”
Customers continue to embrace Dell Technologies as their essential infrastructure company in increasing numbers. Dell Technologies will showcase a range of significant announcements throughout the week, highlighting key business priorities and extending the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio – from edge to core to cloud – to help customers more quickly reach their desired state.
Announced today from Dell Technologies World:
- Dell Technologies Innovators and Trailblazers customer award winners, including eight industry leaders exemplifying excellence across all stages of the Digital Transformation journey. See separate release here
- Strong investment momentum through Dell Technologies Capital. The company’s venture practice competed 24 investments since emerging from stealth, had 11 exits from its portfolio, of which three have gone public in the past seven months, all “unicorn” IPOs with a collective market value of more than $11 billion. See separate release here
- Dell Technologies is investing in new programs, incentives and solutions designed to fast-track channel partners‘ delivery of Digital, IT, Security and Workforce Transformations for their customers. Separate release to be issued at 1:00 p.m. PT
“Our customers are responding to the power of our combined company, creating good momentum as we kick off 2018,” said Jeff Clarke, vice chairman, Products and Operations, Dell. “We currently have the No. 1 worldwide market share in key areas like servers and storage. When the first calendar quarter 2018 industry market share numbers are final, we expect to increase our worldwide PC market share for the 21st consecutive quarter, and gain share in servers and storage. We have exciting announcements planned across our portfolio at this year’s event that are driving this leadership and our customers’ digital transformation, ultimately resulting in better business outcomes.”
General session keynotes and Guru sessions
- “The Engines of Human Progress” (10:00 – 11:15 a.m. PT)
- Michael Dell, chairman and CEO, Dell Technologies
- Karen Quintos, chief customer officer, Dell
- Jeffrey Wright, award-winning actor
- Albert “Skip” Rizzo, Ph.D., director, Medical Virtual Reality, Institute for Creative Technologies
- Global Partner Summit: “Innovate in Everything & Any Thing” (1:00 – 3:00 p.m. PT)
- Joyce Mullen, president, Global Channel, OEM & IoT Solutions, Dell EMC
- “AI, VR and Blockchain: How emerging technologies are changing the world as we know it.”(3:00 – 4:00 p.m. PT)
- Patricia Florissi, vice president, Global CTO for Sales and distinguished engineer, Dell EMC
- Robin Hauser, director, Finish Line Features, Inc. and president, Unleashed Productions, Inc.
- Andra Keay, managing director, Silicon Valley Robotics
- Don Tapscott, CEO, The Tapscott Group
- “Any Device, Any App, Any Cloud” (4:30 – 5:30 p.m. PT)
- Pat Gelsinger, CEO, VMware
- “Power Up to Make IT Real” (10:00 – 11:15 a.m. PT)
- Jeff Clarke, vice chairman, Products and Operations, Dell
- “Business advice we shouldn’t believe anymore.” (3:00 – 4:00 p.m. PT)
- Andrew McAfee, principal research scientist, MIT
- “Technologies & trends that are changing the world” (10:00 – 11:15 a.m. PT)
- Allison Dew, chief marketing officer, Dell
- Ray O’Farrell, executive vice president and chief technology officer, VMware
- John Roese, president of Cross-Product Operations and chief technology officer, Dell EMC
- “The innovators: How a group of inventors, hackers, geniuses and geeks created the digital revolution.” (3:00 – 4:00 p.m. PT)
- Walter Isaacson, president and CEO, The Aspen Institute
One-stop shop to build a digital future
Digital transformation is fundamentally changing how every business in every industry is built and operated. Dell Technologies World reflects the increasing need of IT practitioners to have a one-stop shop for the essential infrastructure they need to build their digital future, transform IT and protect their most important asset — information. 94% of last year’s attendees said they would recommend attending to their peers, 92% say this event has a “great return on investment” and 95% said they’re more effective at work after having attended.
Bringing together its award-winning portfolio of companies and solutions, Dell Technologies World delivers the latest emerging trends, technology and gurus, from the edge to the core to the cloud. During the event, experts from Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, Secureworks, Virtustream and VMware will be on hand to demonstrate the connected ecosystem of IT infrastructure, applications, devices and security that can enable real transformation across their organizations.
- View the Dell Technologies World Online Press Kit
- Connect with Dell via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Follow the latest news on Twitter from @Dell or @DellEMCNews
About Dell Technologies World
Dell Technologies World 2018 brings together the power of seven technology leaders committed to making the digital transformation real. Join us April 30 – May 2 in Las Vegas, learn more at www.delltechnologiesworld.com or follow #DellTechWorld on Twitter.
About Dell Technologies
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that provides the essential infrastructure for organizations to build their digital future, transform IT and protect their most important asset, information. The company services customers of all sizes across 180 countries – ranging from 99 percent of the Fortune 500 to individual consumers – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from the edge to the core to the cloud.
Copyright © 2018. All Rights Reserved. Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, Secureworks, Virtustream, VMware and the Dell Technologies logo are trademarks of Dell Technologies in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Special Note on Forward-Looking Statements:
Statements in this press release that relate to future results and events are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and are based on Dell Technologies’ current expectations. In some cases, you can identify these statements by such forward-looking words as “anticipate,” “believe,” “confidence,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “guidance,” “intend,” “may,” “objective,” “outlook,” “plan,” “project,” “possible,” “potential,” “should,” “will” and “would,” or similar words or expressions that refer to future events or outcomes.
Dell Technologies’ results or events in future periods could differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements because of risks, uncertainties, and other factors that include, but are not limited to, the following: competitive pressures; Dell Technologies’ reliance on third-party suppliers for products and components including reliance on single-source or limited-source suppliers; Dell Technologies’ ability to achieve favorable pricing from its vendors; adverse global economic conditions and instability in financial markets; Dell Technologies’ execution of its growth, business and acquisition strategies; the success of Dell Technologies’ cost efficiency measures; Dell Technologies’ ability to manage solutions and products and services transitions in an effective manner; Dell Technologies’ ability to deliver high-quality products and services; Dell Technologies’ foreign operations and ability to generate substantial non-U.S.net revenue; Dell Technologies’ product, customer, and geographic sales mix, and seasonal sales trends; the performance of Dell Technologies’ sales channel partners; access to the capital markets by Dell Technologies or its customers; weak economic conditions and additional regulation; counterparty default risks; the loss by Dell Technologies of any services contracts with its customers, including government contracts, and its ability to perform such contracts at its estimated costs; Dell Technologies’ ability to develop and protect its proprietary intellectual property or obtain licenses to intellectual property developed by others on commercially reasonable and competitive terms; infrastructure disruptions, cyberattacks, or other data security breaches; Dell Technologies’ ability to hedge effectively its exposure to fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates and interest rates; expiration of tax holidays or favorable tax rate structures, or unfavorable outcomes in tax audits and other tax compliance matters; impairment of portfolio investments; unfavorable results of legal proceedings; increased costs and additional regulations and requirements as a result of Dell Technologies operation as a public company; Dell Technologies’ ability to develop and maintain effective internal control over financial reporting; compliance requirements of changing environmental and safety laws; the effect of armed hostilities, terrorism, natural disasters, and public health issues; the impact of the financial performance of VMware; and the market volatility of Dell Technologies’ pension plan assets.
This list of risks, uncertainties, and other factors is not complete. Dell Technologies discusses some of these matters more fully, as well as certain risk factors that could affect the Dell Technologies’ business, financial condition, results of operations, and prospects, in its reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Dell Technologies’ Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended February 3, 2017, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, and current reports on Form 8-K. These filings are available for review through the Securities and Exchange Commission’s website at www.sec.gov. Any or all forward-looking statements Dell Technologies makes may turn out to be wrong and can be affected by inaccurate assumptions Dell Technologies might make or by known or unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, including those identified in this press release. Accordingly, you should not place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements made in this press release, which speak only as of its date. Dell Technologies does not undertake to update, and expressly disclaims any duty to update, its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of circumstances or events that arise after the date they are made, new information, or otherwise.
SOURCE Dell Technologies