I do remember passing the original WILSHIRE GRAND HOTEL, looking out at the building through the window from the rear passenger seat of my mom’s car when I was a kid. We were usually on our way to drop off and pick up my dad from his job at the SoCal Gas Company Headquarters on those few times he didn’t drive himself. Back in the 70s, the Blue Line train was nearly two decades away from being built and my dad wouldn’t take the RTD bus if he didn’t have to.
Unlike other major coastal cities, Down Town Los Angeles is located away from the actual coast and more towards the northeast part of town. The area has gone through changes and has moved away from being just a business center. Recently, the area has been classified as an actual neighborhood, with a growing residential population. It is the transportation HUB of the city with the 7th Street Metro Center ( Los Angeles Metro Rail) and Union Station. It has become an entertainment center with LA Live, and the Staple Center.
With the growth and transformation of the down town area, a few things must change, like the demolition of the old Wilshire Grand Hotel. This was to make room for the new $1.2 Billion Wilshire Grand Center, now owned by Korean Air. The building will open in a few moths, March 2017, and will be the tallest building in the west, surpassing the familiar US Bank Tower.
Check out this video about the new building WILSHIRE GRAND CENTER
- Tastingbook.com created the World’s Largest Wine Competition - May 22, 2017
- The Old Goodyear Plant in Los Angeles - March 13, 2017
- Go Metro to Air+Style at Exposition Park - February 17, 2017
- CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator – Episode 7 Season 1 CE3: CONTACT - February 5, 2017
- The New Wilshire Grand Center - January 19, 2017
- CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator – Episode 6 PILOTS AND THE UNKNOWN - January 4, 2017
- WORLD’S BIGGEST LITTLE AIRPORT! - January 3, 2017
- CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator – Episode 5 MYSTERIOUS AIRCRAFT - December 3, 2016
- EARLY AM RED LIGHT OVER NORTH PHOENIX - November 23, 2016
- MYSTERY PLANE OVER DENVER, Solved! Maybe not? - November 21, 2016