LOUISVILLE, Ky., Jan. 18, 2018 — Old Forester, America’s First Bottled Bourbon™️ and Bourbon Barrel Foods today launched Cocktail Provisions – a collection of three bitters, two syrups and one tincture, designed to elevate even the simplest cocktails into a craft experience.
Created by Louisville-based Bourbon Barrel Foods and Old Forester Master Taster and Bourbon Specialist Jackie Zykan, Cocktail Provisions are inspired by the unique and robust flavor profiles of Old Forester. Taking the guesswork out of creating high-end cocktails, Zykan and Bourbon Barrel Foods have developed a cocktail line allowing consumers and trade to craft the perfect Old Fashioned, take the hassle out of Oleo-Saccharum syrup and elevate cocktails to new dimensions of flavor.
“We want people to enjoy our Bourbon the way they like it – whether it’s neat, on the rocks or in a hand-crafted cocktail,” said Jackie Zykan, Old Forester Master Taster and Bourbon Specialist. “Cocktail Provisions is there to help you find your inner bartender and discover new, unique ways to experience Old Forester.”
Old Forester Cocktail Provisions line includes:
- Bitters (Old Forester Bourbon base), Suggested Retail Price: $11.50 for 2 fl. oz.
- Bohemian Bitters: Cherry Tobacco
- Smoked Cinnamon Bitters: Baking Spice & Smoke
- Hummingbird Bitters: Citrus & Floral
- Syrups (sugar base), Suggested Retail Price: $8.50 for 2 fl. oz. bottle; makes four cocktails
- Perfect Old Fashioned Syrup: Rich demerara syrup with proprietary blend of three Old Forester bitters
- Oleo-Saccharum Syrup: A rustic cocktail ingredient created using a cold process to extract oil from citrus peels by immersing them in sugar; adds bright citrus flavor profile
- Tincture (water base), Suggested Retail Price: $7.50 for 2 fl. oz. bottle
- Salt and Pepper Tincture: Bourbon Barrel Foods Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt and Bourbon Smoked Pepper; adds slight spice and dimension and tames bitter notes without texture of salt and pepper
Suggested Cocktail Recipes:
PERFECT OLD FASHIONED
- Ingredients: 2 oz. Old Forester 100 Proof, 0.5 oz. Perfect Old Fashioned Syrup
- Directions: Combine ingredients in mixing glass, stir with ice, strain over large ice cube in double old fashioned glass and garnish with lemon and orange peel.
- Ingredients: 1 oz. Old Forester 100 Proof, 1 oz. Half n Half, 0.5 oz. Coconut Liqueur, 0.5 oz. Crème de Cacao, 2 droppers Bohemian Bitters
- Directions: Combine all ingredients in shaker tin. Shake vigorously with ice. Strain into coupe glass. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
- Ingredients: 1 dropper of the Salt & Pepper Tincture combined with 1.5 oz. Old Forester 86 Proof, 1 oz. Sweet Vermouth and 1 oz. Campari
- Directions: Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, stir with ice, strain into coupe and garnish with orange twist.
- Ingredients: 1.5 oz. Old Forester 100 Proof, 1 oz. Oleo Saccharum Syrup, 2 oz. Water, 0.5 oz. Lemon Juice
- Directions: Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into double old fashioned glass with fresh ice. Garnish with lemon peel and grated nutmeg.
For high res imagery of products and cocktail please click on this link for download.
ABOUT OLD FORESTER
Old Forester is Brown-Forman’s founding brand, founded in 1870 by George Garvin Brown. Brown believed Old Forester was so pure and consistent that he sealed it, signed it, and pledged, “There is nothing better in the market.”
ABOUT BOURBON BARREL FOODS
Established in 2006 as America’s only soy sauce microbrewery by Matt Jamie, Bourbon Barrel Foods has become a cornerstone in both the bourbon and gourmet foods industries. All of Bourbon Barrel Foods’ products incorporate innovative uses of bourbon barrels and are crafted with care in small batches.
Please Sip Responsibly.
Old Forester Straight Bourbon Whisky, 43-57.5% Alc./Vol., Old Forester Mint Julep Cocktail, 30% Alc./Vol. Old Forester Distilling Company at Louisville in KY. OLD FORESTER is a registered trademark. ©2018
Brown-Forman Distillers. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
SOURCE Old Forester