Potentially Habitable Planet August 27, 2016 Wrap Up Brief
Researcher have confirmed the existence of a planet named Proxima b orbiting Proxima Centauri, the closest star to our sun. It would be the closest exoplanet to us in the universe.
Proxima b is within the habitable zone of Proxima Centauri, meaning that there is a potential for the existence of liquid water on the surface. It maybe the the closest possible home for life outside of our solar system.
Researchers have hopes for future robotic explorations.
- Check Out the Iridium-2 Launch Webcast - June 25, 2017
- Solar Eclipse Across America: Science, Yes, and So Much More! - June 24, 2017
- Playster Partners With Nelvana To Add Popular Kids’ TV Shows To Its Catalog - June 21, 2017
- Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow Is Launching On June 29; Reveals New Animation Featuring Stephen Hawking, George Takei, Bill Nye, And Neil Degrasse Tyson - June 20, 2017
- Young Jamaican Actor Breaks Barriers, Opens Yacht Charter Company – Creates History - June 19, 2017
- E3 2017 WRAPS AFTER RECORD ATTENDANCE - June 17, 2017
- FLIGHT OF BOEING 787-10 AND 737-MAX 9 IN DRAMATIC DISPLAY - June 17, 2017
- ON THE HUNT FOR PORCH PIRATES - June 12, 2017
- Are UFOs Real? Ask Me, Please! - June 12, 2017
- Six Questions to Ask Your Insurance Agent - June 7, 2017