Phoenix, AZ, March 24, 2017–Square Egg Entertainment Inc., parent company of Phoenix Comicon, LLC, has supported Kids Need to Read as its signature charity for many years. Every year, Phoenix Comicon donates proceeds from the sale of Fast Passes, entrance fees to the annual Phoenix Comicon Poker Tournament, and ticket sales from hosted evening events, in support of Kids Need to Read. In 2016, Phoenix Comicon donated more than $50,000 to Kids Need to Read following the event.
This year, we have expanded our partnership with Square Egg Entertainment, Inc. to launch an exciting literacy program, “Get Your Comic-on!” The pilot school chosen for the reading challenge is JB Sutton Elementary School, a Title I school located in Phoenix, AZ. All participants will receive complimentary passes to Phoenix Comicon, courtesy of Square Egg Entertainment, Inc, and Highlights magazines, courtesy of Kids Need to Read.
Kids Need to Read and Square Egg Entertainment, Inc. hope to expand this literacy program and reading challenge next year after a successful pilot. Together, we hope to encourage reading, instill a life-long love of literature, and provide books, magazines, and Phoenix Comicon passes to even more children throughout the valley.
Founded with a passion to improve the lives of disadvantaged children by providing inspiring book collections and engaging literacy programs to underfunded schools, libraries, and organizations across the nation, Kids Need to Read aspires to empower and embolden every last child through a culture of reading. For many of the children it serves, Kids Need to Read represents a crucial link to a strong literacy education, and its programs help build and nurture support systems that these children may be lacking elsewhere in their lives. By immersing children in an integrated world of literary experiences that teaches them, firsthand, the impact of reading on every aspect of life, imagination is ignited and confidence is built for a prosperous future, regardless of race, economic status, or personal capabilities.
Square Egg Entertainment Inc., the parent company of Phoenix Comicon seeks to create dynamic geek culture events that bring joy to its participants, fosters friendship among those who attend, and provides opportunities for skill development among its participants.
Phoenix Comicon is one of the five largest pop culture conventions in the United States by attendance and physical size. It encompasses many genres all within the fan and geek cultures. This event provides four days of entertainment to more than 100,000 attendees each year. Phoenix Comicon runs over Memorial Day Weekend at the Phoenix Convention Center, downtown area hotels, and an outdoor venue. Special events include a costume contest, burlesque show, geek prom, and charity fund-raisers for Kids Need to Read.
- Star Trek: Discovery – Official Trailer - July 23, 2017
- THE BLUE MAN (a.k.a. ETERNAL EVIL) AT THE FANTASIA FILM FESTIVAL - July 21, 2017
- Mattel Launches New Franchise Enchantimals™ - July 21, 2017
- NBA All-Star Kevin Durant makes surprise appearance at Austin’s IDEA Rundberg as part of BBVA Compass’ Summer of Opportunity - July 20, 2017
- Mattel And WWE® Launch Girls Product Line - July 20, 2017
- Vampire Comedy Web Series Filming on Long Island - July 20, 2017
- AARP and Ad Council Launch New PSA Campaign to Empower Millions of Americans to Get on Track for Retirement - July 19, 2017
- 76 percent of U.S. workers do not fear automation, according to Randstad US - July 18, 2017
- Award-Winning Actress and International Women’s Advocate Robin Wright to Headline Premier Tech Gathering for Social Good - July 16, 2017
- Habitat for Humanity update on President Jimmy Carter - July 15, 2017