According to a recent press release, a letter was sent to the staff and volunteers for Phoenix Comicon, Matt Solberg and Square Egg Entertainment has made the final decision on event staffing.
Here’s the letter in it’s entirety:
January 23, 2017
After much deliberation, we have decided to shift to an all paid staff in the operation of Phoenix Comicon and all events associated with Square Egg Entertainment, including Phoenix Fan Fest, Minnesota Fan Fest, and Keen Halloween.
There are many individuals who helped make Phoenix Comicon one of the best run conventions in the country. To them we owe our sincerest thanks and gratitude. We hope that many of those who assisted us will apply for the new paid positions as we announce them. In appreciation for everything you have done for us, those who served as volunteers in 2016 who are not selected for positions will receive two complimentary full event passes for Phoenix Comicon 2017 and 2018 as our gift.
We continue to support Blue Ribbon Army as a corporate member and through promotion of their group and activities. We look forward to what they can accomplish and are excited to be a part of it.
While this was not the original decision as announced three weeks ago, nor was this the option selected by most of our volunteers, we do believe this is the best decision long term for our company and our conventions based on feedback and concerns raised. It avoids further controversies as this industry changes, keeps us compliant with changing laws, and increases the professionalism and effectiveness of our team.
As this discussion consumed social media and news outlets over the past three weeks, we have continued to work behind-the-scenes on making our events for 2017 stellar. We look forward to sharing announcements on our upcoming guests and content at all our shows.
Phoenix Comicon will continue to thrive and be a source of joy for thousands of attendees this year and in future years.
Thank you all for your discourse and feedback,
CEO, Square Egg Entertainment
Convention Director, Phoenix Comicon
- Trucking Industry Recognizes Memorial Day - May 29, 2017
- The Seaside Town of Morro Bay, CA Asks Travelers: Why Wait for the Weekend to Visit the Quaint fishing village? It’s All Happening Mid-Week! - May 29, 2017
- St. Jude patients and families celebrate kindergarten graduation - May 29, 2017
- Pilot Pen Honors U.S. Service Members Through Partnership With Operation Gratitude - May 28, 2017
- NEWS UPDATE FROM PHOENIX COMICON - May 27, 2017
- DAY 2 AND NEW COMICON RULES - May 26, 2017
- US Death Rates from Alzheimer’s Disease Increased 55 Percent from 1999 to 2014 - May 26, 2017
- New CPSC Report: Fatal Drownings in Pools Involving Young Children Decreases By 17 Percent Nationwide Since 2010 - May 23, 2017
- McAuliffe First Governor to Fly in Autonomous Aircraft - May 22, 2017
- Victaulic, American Red Cross and United Way Collaborate to Prepare Youth for Emergencies - May 20, 2017