Strange Light Over The Bay Area
February 14, 2016
Several alarmed Bay area residents saw a bright light streaking through the sky Early Tuesday morning.
It was not a UFO…
According to a statement issued by the Navy, they were conducting missile tests off the California Coast.
“Navy Strategic Systems Programs conducted scheduled Trident II (D5) missile test flights at sea from an Ohio Class SSBN, in the Pacific Test Range off the coast of California,” the statement said. ”This morning, there were two missiles launched.”
The launches took place at 3:30am PST and 6:20am.
The Trident II D-5 missile is a three-stage missile with a range of 4,000 miles.
Story reported by CBS Local affiliate in San Francisco: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/02/14/mystery-light-in-sky-was-navy-missile-launch/#.WKNYCedsisk.wordpress
- It’s Time For the Delta Aquarids 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Stephen Hawking and David Attenborough Films Nab Multiple Emmy® Nominations for Documentary Streaming Service CuriosityStream - July 26, 2017
- Star Trek: Discovery – Official Trailer - July 23, 2017
- THE BLUE MAN (a.k.a. ETERNAL EVIL) AT THE FANTASIA FILM FESTIVAL - July 21, 2017
- Mattel Launches New Franchise Enchantimals™ - July 21, 2017
- NBA All-Star Kevin Durant makes surprise appearance at Austin’s IDEA Rundberg as part of BBVA Compass’ Summer of Opportunity - July 20, 2017
- Mattel And WWE® Launch Girls Product Line - July 20, 2017
- Vampire Comedy Web Series Filming on Long Island - July 20, 2017
- AARP and Ad Council Launch New PSA Campaign to Empower Millions of Americans to Get on Track for Retirement - July 19, 2017
- 76 percent of U.S. workers do not fear automation, according to Randstad US - July 18, 2017