ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Feb. 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Talenti® – maker of the best-selling gelatos in America – today released the new Crafted with Less Sugar flavor line that has half the sugar and less fat compared to regular ice cream and 120 calories per serving. Made with the sweetening power of monk fruit, the new line offers consumers better-for-you gelato options without compromising on taste, and features three decadent and delicious flavors:
- Talenti Vanilla Cinnamon Gelato is made with cinnamon steeped vanilla gelato, sweetened with monk fruit juice and a cinnamon swirl.
- Talenti Mint Cookie Crunch Gelato is made with fresh mint leaves, sweetened with monk fruit juice and crunchy chocolate cookie pieces.
- Talenti Chocolate Fudge Swirl Gelato leads with rich dark chocolate gelato, sweetened with monk fruit juice and an indulgent fudge swirl.
The Talenti Crafted with Less Sugar line is made with the sweetening power of monk fruit – a small melon grown in southeast Asia. The new flavors have 120 calories per serving, less fat, and half the sugar compared to regular ice cream. True to the Talenti focus on craftsmanship, these new flavors include indulgent chunks and decadent swirls, and are slow cooked for an unmistakable taste.
“Our new flavors are inspired by our fans, who were looking for a better-for-you gelato option with half the sugar but the same delicious taste and texture they’ve come to know and love,” said Josh Hochschuler, founder of Talenti. “And with each new flavor, craftsmanship is still at the heart of our brand. We create unique recipes that source the finest ingredients from throughout the world.”
Also new this year, Talenti adds three new flavors to its classic line up, including:
- Talenti Cold Brew Coffee Dairy-Free Sorbetto uses fair trade Brazilian and Colombian cold-brewed coffee blended into a refreshing non-dairy sorbetto.
- Talenti Chocolate Caramel Blondie Gelato combines Belgian chocolate and dulce de leche slow cooked into a rich gelato with a salted caramel swirl and chewy mini blondie pieces.
- Talenti Almond Butter & Honey Gelato slow cooks real almond butter into fresh milk and cream with a dash of salt and swirls of wildflower honey. This special batch flavor will only be available for a limited time!
The six new flavors are available in grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $4.99–$5.99per pint. With these new additions, consumers have 40 total gelato and sorbetto flavors to select from in the Talenti flavor portfolio.
The complete Talenti line of gelatos and sorbettos includes 40 flavors:
Coffee Chocolate Chip
Vanilla Blueberry Crumble
*Than regular ice cream
About Talenti® Gelato & Sorbetto
Talenti began as a gelateria in 2003 and has since grown into the best-selling packaged gelato in the United States. A wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever, Talenti is committed to using artisanal methods and uses only the finest, carefully sourced ingredients – Belgian Chocolate, select coconuts from the Philippines and dulce de leche from a classic Argentinian recipe are just a few of the many fine ingredients used to create Talenti gelatos and sorbettos. Both Talenti® gelatos and sorbettos showcase our commitment to providing frozen desserts that taste amazing.
For a full list of Talenti products and to find retail locations that sell Talenti, please visit www.TalentiGelato.com. To keep up with Talenti news, visit Talenti on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
About Unilever United States, Inc.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home Care, Personal Care and Refreshment products with sales in more than 190 countries and reaching 2.5 billion consumers a day. In the United States, the portfolio includes brand icons such as Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Country Crock, Degree, Dollar Shave Club, Dove, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Seventh Generation, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, Sir Kensington’s, Talenti Gelato & Sorbetto, TIGI, TONI&GUY, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Unilever employs approximately 8,000 people in the United States – generating more than $9 billionin sales in 2016.
The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan commits to:
- Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being by 2020.
- Halving the environmental impact of our products by 2030.
- Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
The USLP creates value by driving growth and trust, eliminating costs and reducing risks. The company’s sustainable living brands are growing 50% faster than the rest of the business and delivered more than 60% of the company’s growth in 2016.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2016 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2017 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the seventh year running. Unilever has pledged to become carbon positive in its operations by 2030.
For more information on Unilever U.S. and its brands visit: www.unileverusa.com.