The OSIRIS Rex September 8, 2016 Wrap Up Brief
The OSIRIS-REx mission
NASA successfully launched the first mission to travel to an asteroid, retrieve samples and return them to Earth on September 8, 2016.
ORISIS stands for Origins, Spectral Interpretation, Resource Identification, Security-Regolith Explorer. It was launched from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida just after 7 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
It will reach Bennu, its asteroid target in 2018 and will survey and collect samples then return to Earth via a detachable capsule in 2023.
Catch the mission details and updates on NASA TV.
video and images courtesy NASA
- Star Trek: Discovery – Official Trailer - July 23, 2017
- THE BLUE MAN (a.k.a. ETERNAL EVIL) AT THE FANTASIA FILM FESTIVAL - July 21, 2017
- Mattel Launches New Franchise Enchantimals™ - July 21, 2017
- NBA All-Star Kevin Durant makes surprise appearance at Austin’s IDEA Rundberg as part of BBVA Compass’ Summer of Opportunity - July 20, 2017
- Mattel And WWE® Launch Girls Product Line - July 20, 2017
- Vampire Comedy Web Series Filming on Long Island - July 20, 2017
- AARP and Ad Council Launch New PSA Campaign to Empower Millions of Americans to Get on Track for Retirement - July 19, 2017
- 76 percent of U.S. workers do not fear automation, according to Randstad US - July 18, 2017
- Award-Winning Actress and International Women’s Advocate Robin Wright to Headline Premier Tech Gathering for Social Good - July 16, 2017
- Habitat for Humanity update on President Jimmy Carter - July 15, 2017