ATA Pauses to Remember Sacrifices of America’s Military Heroes
ARLINGTON, Va., May 29, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — American Trucking Associations President and CEO Chris Spear requested that the trucking industry pause today to remember the many men and women who have sacrificed their lives in service of our country.
“Memorial Day is our most solemn civic holiday, and I encourage the millions of people who are part of this great, patriotic industry, to take a moment to reflect on the sacrifice of the many American heroes who lost their lives in service of our country,” Spear said. “These brave men and women – who have defended our freedoms – have made it possible for us to do our job today. We will not forget them.”
In addition, Spear said the trucking industry should continue to uphold its commitment to America’s military veterans by continuing to work to make it easier for them to pursue careers in trucking.
“The trucking industry’s commitment to our service men and women is already strong, and we are working every day to strengthen that,” he said. “We are proud of our continued support for the Hiring Our Heroes initiative, as well as legislation like the ADVANCE Act that would make it easier for current service members to pursue careers as professional drivers. Thanks to Representative Pete Aguilar, Chairman Bill Shuster and Ranking Member Peter DeFazio for ensuring that this legislation is on its way to the House floor.
“ATA will continue to honor those service members who sacrificed so much for us, on Memorial Day and throughout the year, including continuing our support for Wreaths Across America. We truly appreciate those men and women in uniform who are defending our freedoms and values today,” he said.
American Trucking Associations is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils, ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation’s freight. Follow ATA on Twitter or on Facebook. Trucking Moves America Forward
SOURCE American Trucking Associations
CONTACT: Sean McNally, 703-838-1995, email@example.com
- Check Out the Iridium-2 Launch Webcast - June 25, 2017
- Solar Eclipse Across America: Science, Yes, and So Much More! - June 24, 2017
- Playster Partners With Nelvana To Add Popular Kids’ TV Shows To Its Catalog - June 21, 2017
- Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow Is Launching On June 29; Reveals New Animation Featuring Stephen Hawking, George Takei, Bill Nye, And Neil Degrasse Tyson - June 20, 2017
- Young Jamaican Actor Breaks Barriers, Opens Yacht Charter Company – Creates History - June 19, 2017
- E3 2017 WRAPS AFTER RECORD ATTENDANCE - June 17, 2017
- FLIGHT OF BOEING 787-10 AND 737-MAX 9 IN DRAMATIC DISPLAY - June 17, 2017
- ON THE HUNT FOR PORCH PIRATES - June 12, 2017
- Are UFOs Real? Ask Me, Please! - June 12, 2017
- Six Questions to Ask Your Insurance Agent - June 7, 2017