HONOLULU, June 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Approximately 12,000 people made their way onto historic Ford Island to attend this year’s Biggest Little Airshow in Hawaii at Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor. Now in its tenth year, the popular two-day remote control Airshow concluded today.
More than a dozen top remote control pilots showcased their award winning Giant Scale aircraft. In recognition of the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Midway, pilots from nationally acclaimed Warbirds West performed an epic Battle of Midway reenactment with dive bombers and fighter planes, as well as a reenactment of the Pearl Harbor attack utilizing a fleet of Japanese AM6 Zeros. Aircraft stunts, helicopter aerobatics and flying formations kept the crowd on their feet.
(Photos of the Biggest Little Airshow event are available for use at: https://flic.kr/s/aHskWqfyXC )
Hundreds also made their way through historic Hangar 79 for tours of World War II restored aircraft and to climb into open cockpits. The event also included a Kids Zone with rides and kid-friendly activities, as well as a “Snow Field.” The two-day event capped off with a Jelly Belly “Candy Bombing” over historic Ford Island runway.
Biggest Little Airshow in Hawaii sponsors included: Dr. Lawrence Tseu, Papa John’s Pizza, City and County of Honolulu, Joan Bellinger, Sheraton Waikiki, JN Automotive Group, 51 Fifty, Enterprise Rent a Car, Military Home Source, Jelly Belly Candy Company, MillerCoors, Xtreme Fun, iHeart Media, Hawaii News Now, Bank of Hawaii, Hele Gas, Pepsi, Pacific Air Cargo, Flight Journal, Model Airplane News, Airworld, King Tech Turbines, and Consolidated Transport, 76, Omni Air International, Vacations Hawaii, and Yelp.
Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor is located on Historic Ford Island where bombs fell during the attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941. Located at 319 Lexington Boulevard, Historic Ford Island, Honolulu, Hawaii it is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that depends on membership, volunteers, and donations for support. To join, volunteer or support, visit www.PacificAviationMuseum.org.
Anne Murata, Director of Marketing
808-441-1013; 808-375-9577 (cell)
SOURCE Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor
- Check Out the Iridium-2 Launch Webcast - June 25, 2017
- Solar Eclipse Across America: Science, Yes, and So Much More! - June 24, 2017
- Playster Partners With Nelvana To Add Popular Kids’ TV Shows To Its Catalog - June 21, 2017
- Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow Is Launching On June 29; Reveals New Animation Featuring Stephen Hawking, George Takei, Bill Nye, And Neil Degrasse Tyson - June 20, 2017
- Young Jamaican Actor Breaks Barriers, Opens Yacht Charter Company – Creates History - June 19, 2017
- E3 2017 WRAPS AFTER RECORD ATTENDANCE - June 17, 2017
- FLIGHT OF BOEING 787-10 AND 737-MAX 9 IN DRAMATIC DISPLAY - June 17, 2017
- ON THE HUNT FOR PORCH PIRATES - June 12, 2017
- Are UFOs Real? Ask Me, Please! - June 12, 2017
- Six Questions to Ask Your Insurance Agent - June 7, 2017