This year, in 2017, asteroid 4, Vesta will be the first major asteroid that will pass us in opposition. It will be the brightest and can be seen with the naked eye.
According to EarthSky.org, Vesta should be seen 90 minutes after sunset, low in the eastern portion of the sky. Check for the times in your area.
Check out EarthSky.org http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/vesta-brightest-asteroid-brightest-for-2017
- Trucking Industry Recognizes Memorial Day - May 29, 2017
- The Seaside Town of Morro Bay, CA Asks Travelers: Why Wait for the Weekend to Visit the Quaint fishing village? It’s All Happening Mid-Week! - May 29, 2017
- St. Jude patients and families celebrate kindergarten graduation - May 29, 2017
- Pilot Pen Honors U.S. Service Members Through Partnership With Operation Gratitude - May 28, 2017
- NEWS UPDATE FROM PHOENIX COMICON - May 27, 2017
- DAY 2 AND NEW COMICON RULES - May 26, 2017
- US Death Rates from Alzheimer’s Disease Increased 55 Percent from 1999 to 2014 - May 26, 2017
- New CPSC Report: Fatal Drownings in Pools Involving Young Children Decreases By 17 Percent Nationwide Since 2010 - May 23, 2017
- McAuliffe First Governor to Fly in Autonomous Aircraft - May 22, 2017
- Victaulic, American Red Cross and United Way Collaborate to Prepare Youth for Emergencies - May 20, 2017