The Future of Financial Services Summit brings together fintech experts and thought leaders to share the latest insights on career opportunities, decentralized finance, and investment strategies.
NEW YORK /PRNewswire/ — BLACK ENTERPRISE will present its first Future of Financial Services Summit: Fintech, Cryptocurrency and Black Wealth beginning at 6:00 p.m. EST on July 28. With Black Americans more focused than ever on wealth creation, opportunities to build wealth have never been greater. The Black Enterprise Future of Financial Services Summit will inform and inspire attendees to become fully engaged participants in the latest in investment opportunities with cryptocurrencies, decentralized finance (DeFi), and more. The latest in a series of virtual events produced by BLACK ENTERPRISE to address the demand for diversity, equity, inclusion, and economic justice for Black Americans, the 2022 Wealth Building & Real Estate Summit is presented by Prudential.
The Future of Financial Services Summit will feature candid, engaging conversations with leading experts on cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, investing, and fintech careers. The one-day virtual event will provide attendees with actionable solutions and key resources to leverage opportunities presented by a financial services industry being transformed by fintech and the rising demand for cryptocurrency and digital tokens as an emerging asset class, especially among African Americans.
“We know that Black people are excited about the potential of cryptocurrency, NFTs, and blockchain to open up new avenues of Black wealth creation,” says BLACK ENTERPRISE CEO Earl “Butch” Graves Jr. “According to the most recent Ariel Schwab Black Investor Survey, of six financial products—bank savings account, individual stocks, stock mutual funds, cryptocurrency, individual bonds, bond mutual funds—cryptocurrency is the only one owned by a higher proportion of Black people than of white people. About 38% of Black investors under 40 own digital tokens, compared with 29% of their white counterparts. Overall, twice as many Black respondents than those who are white ranked crypto as the best investment choice overall.”
Confirmed speakers for the Black Enterprise Future of Financial Services Summit include Larry Wade Sr. Director, Blockchain, Crypto & Digital Currencies, RLCO BP, PayPal; Imari Oliver, Founder & CEO, Bond & Play; Michael Grove, CFA, Financial Planner, Greater Metro Financial Group, Prudential Advisors; Deidra Ramsey-McIntyre, Founder, Black People & Cryptocurrency; Derek Jones, Founder & CEO, UnitedCoin Inc.; Matt Mitchell, Hacker & Founder, CryptoHarlem; LaMont Connie, Sr. Vice President & Sr Relationship Manager – Fintech Division, Bank of America; and Kenneth Johnson, President, East Coast Executives.
Attendees of the 2022 Black Enterprise Future of Financial Services Virtual Summit will gain insights on:
- Cryptocurrency: A New Asset Class for Black Investors
- Understanding and Exploring the Utility of Blockchain
- Career Opportunities in Fintech
- Financial Advisors and Crypto: Helping You Shape Your Investing Strategies
The Black Enterprise Wealth Building & Real Estate Summit takes place from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST on Thursday, July 28, 2022. Prudential is the presenting sponsor for this event. For complimentary registration and more information about sessions and speakers, visit financial.blackenterprise.com/.
BLACK ENTERPRISE is the No.1 Black media brand, with more than 10 million monthly unique visitors. Since 1970, BLACK ENTERPRISE has been the premier business, career, investing, and wealth-building resource for African Americans. BLACK ENTERPRISE produces video and podcast programming, virtual and in-person business and lifestyle events, and other digital media. Visit www.blackenterprise.com for more information.
SOURCE BLACK ENTERPRISE
- Orlando Bloom to Receive Humanitarian Award at LMGI AwardsLocation Managers Guild International Awards Gala Set for Saturday, August 27, 2022 HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Aug. 11, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — British actor Orlando Bloom, whose role as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador shed light on the plight of Ukrainian children forced to evacuate their country amid the ongoing Russian invasion, will receive the esteemed Humanitarian Award from the Location Managers Guild International (LMGI) at the 9th Annual…
- Author Lee Givens Jr.’s New Book ‘Misplaced Loyalty’ Shares His Views on How the Black Community Should Rethink Their Political Party AffiliationRecent release ‘Misplaced Loyalty’ from Newman Springs Publishing author Lee Givens Jr. is the author’s beliefs toward the Democratic Party and how he believes his community should rethink how they vote. NEWBERRY, Fla. (Newswire.com) – Lee Givens Jr. has completed his new book “Misplaced Loyalty”: a deep dive into the politics of the black community, mainly…
- Communities throughout central and northern Vancouver Island receive funding to revitalize public spaces and enhance tourism experiencesNANOOSE BAY, BC /CNW/ – Safe and inclusive public spaces and dynamic tourism attractions are key to vibrant communities. They bring together people of all ages and abilities, supporting businesses and boosting economic vitality. Throughout Vancouver Island, communities are ready to welcome back residents and visitors to enjoy new and improved public spaces and tourism experiences….
- Clark Atlanta University awarded $10 Million National Science Foundation grant to bring Data Science to HBCUs through National Data Science Alliance (NDSA)ATLANTA /PRNewswire/ — Clark Atlanta University (CAU) makes history as the first Historically Black College and University (HBCU) to receive a $10 million award from the National Science Foundation (NSF) INCLUDES program to establish the National Data Science Alliance (NDSA). The NDSA will increase the number of Black people earning data science credentials by at least 20,000 by 2027 and…
- Statement by Minister Hussen on Emancipation DayAugust 1 marked Emancipation Day, the anniversary of the official abolition of slavery in Canada in 1834 OTTAWA, ON /CNW/ – On Emancipation Day, we take a moment to acknowledge Canada’s dark history of slavery and the intergenerational impact that it has had on Black communities in our country. Over hundreds of years, unspeakable acts of violence were inflicted upon…