While you’re whipping up something special in the kitchen for family and friends this holiday season, you may want to consider doing the same for your four-legged family members. A new survey from Wellness® Natural Pet Food found that 70 percent of pet parents wonder if their pet gets bored eating the same thing every day. In fact, 28 percent of those surveyed say their pet has boycotted their food out of boredom. On the flip side, an extraordinary 85 percent of pet parents say their pet shows visible signs of excitement when given something new at mealtime, like tail wagging or whole-body wiggling. With this new research, Wellness Natural Pet Food aims to bring an end to “boring bowls” for dogs with a greater focus on how flavor and texture diversity in pets’ meals through unique proteins and superfood ingredients can impact better nutrition.
“Think about your favorite meal – now think about eating it every morning and night for the rest of your life and how this mealtime monotony would make it less enjoyable and exciting over time. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and dogs deserve to experience that just like their pet parents!” says Dr. Danielle Bernal, staff veterinarian with Wellness Natural Pet Food. “The best part about making mealtime more exciting for dogs is that it doesn’t have to be hard and the payoff comes in the form of more wags, licks and nuzzling. We’ve created a new line of natural foods and toppers that are protein-rich and can be mixed and matched with our broad portfolio of Wellness CORE products, so giving your dog a special meal packed with nutrition and flavor can easily be worked into your daily routine.”
To help make mealtime more exciting for your dog during the holidays and beyond, Dr. Bernal shares her top tips to help you get started:
- All about that base: Kibble doesn’t have to be boring! Innovative new recipes like Wellness®CORE® RawRev™ combines high-protein, grain free kibble with 100% raw meat pieces to create a savory, nutrient-rich meal dogs love.
- Mix it up: Make mealtime fun again! Don’t be afraid to mix and match formulas by starting with a strong foundation, like Wellness CORE HeartyCuts, and sprinkling on a topper or mixer such as the Wellness CORE Bowl Boosters or CORE Simply Shreds, which are grain-free and packed with rich, natural protein. Simple variations are a great way to significantly improve the aroma, taste and texture of your dog’s meal.
- Introduce new foods gradually: While your dog may be excited about new foods, remember that they are still accustomed to eating the same thing every day and the change should happen slowly. Start with just a tablespoon of the new product and increase over the course of the next 7 days.
- Pay attention to feeding guidelines: Not all pet foods are the same and different products will come with unique feeding recommendations. To avoid overfeeding your pet when they start a new diet, check the guidelines before you mix and match toppers.
- Make sure recipes are age appropriate: In order to ensure proper nutrition and weight management, dogs need to consume food that is designed for their age and lifestyle. When selecting a mixer or topper, make sure it matches the life stage and lifestyle classification to be sure your pet gets nutrition tailored to their needs.
- Consult your veterinarian: If you’re still unsure of what variations are best for your dog, consult your local veterinarian! You and your vet know your dog best, and together, you can come up with the right toppers and mixers that will fit your dog’s unique nutritional needs to keep them healthy and happy.
To learn more about the Wellness Natural Pet Food and find balanced meals, mixers and toppers for your dog, visit www.nomoreboringbowls.com.
At Wellness, we’re a family-owned company of pet parents on a mission to raise the bar in pet food, because we believe the right choice at mealtime forms the foundation of a long, happy life together. That’s why we do things the right way, not the easy way—we are 100 percent focused on natural nutrition all the time, crafting our pet food and treats recipes that are carefully sourced and thoughtfully prepared. That means we use the finest, natural ingredients, ensure the highest quality standards, and create delicious recipes pets crave to make every mealtime count. Like you, we know that our pets provide us unconditional love, and providing uncompromising nutrition is one way we can do the same for them. To learn more about Wellness Natural Pet Food, visit wellnesspetfood.comand Facebook.com/WellnessPetFood, and find Wellness on Instagram and Twitter: @wellnesspetfood.
SOURCE Wellness Natural Pet Food
Bay Area boy living in the desert. You’ll usually find him playing some type of Blizzard game or tinkering with some electronic device in his house.