A heart-stopping yet inspiring take on a tragic factual event showcases the power of human connection in Hotel Mumbai, available on Digital and the digital movie app Movies Anywhere on June 11, 2019, and on Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand on June 18, 2019, from Universal
Pictures Home Entertainment. Hailed for being “as visually breathtaking as it is emotionally electrifying,” (Marina Saval, Variety), Hotel Mumbai is a visceral film that serves as a beautiful tribute to those that lived and died during the historical terrorist attack. The film stars Academy Award® nominee Dev Patel (Lion, Slumdog Millionaire), Golden Globe® nominee Armie Hammer (On the Basis of Sex, Call Me by Your Name), Nazanin Boniadi (“Homeland”), Tilda Cobham-Hervey (52 Tuesdays), Anupam Kher (“New Amsterdam,” Silver Lining Playbook) and Jason Issacs (“Star Trek: Discovery”).
Directed by Anthony Maras (The Palace) and written by John Collee (Happy Feet, Happy Feet Two) and Maras, Hotel Mumbai is a true story of humanity and heroism that vividly recounts the 2008 siege of the famed Taj Hotel by a group of terrorists in Mumbai, India. Among the dedicated hotel staff is the renowned chef Hemant Oberoi (Kher) and a waiter (Patel) who choose to risk their lives to protect their guests. As the world watches on, a desperate couple (Hammer and Boniadi) is forced to make unthinkable sacrifices to protect their newborn child. Critics are hailing this film as “intense, hair-raising, and deeply humane…a suspenseful achievement” (Rex Reed, New York Observer).
Hotel Mumbaion Blu-ray™ and DVD includes special behind-the-scenes featurettes with commentary from the director and cast to give viewers a more in-depth look into the making of the film and the tragic event that shook the world.
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY™, DVD & DIGITAL:
- Story and Cast – Dev Patel, Armie Hammer, Anupam Kher, Nazanin Boniadi and more describe how the real-life heroism of the guests and staff inspired the making of Hotel Mumbai.
- Finding the True Story – The director and cast discuss how they first discovered the true story of the Mumbaiattacks.
- Humanity Within Tragedy – The director explains the pre-production process of reaching out to survivors, and the crew describes how heroism can emerge in the worst conditions.
- Real-Life Heroes – There were many guests and staff who became heroes during the real Mumbai attacks. The director and cast express their hopes for others to see exactly how we can help one another and be selfless.
Hotel Mumbai will be available on Blu-rayTM in a combo pack which includes Blu-rayTM, DVD and Digital.
- Blu-rayTM unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- Movies Anywhere is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.com.
For artwork, please log onto our website at www.ushepublicity.com
Theatrical Website: https://bleeckerstreetmedia.com/hotelmumbai
Home Entertainment Website: http://uni.pictures/HotelMumbai
SOURCE Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He is also the editor, producer and administrator of TNC Network.