HUNT VALLEY, Md., Nov. 29, 2017 — Throw a party with the festive flavors of the holidays in mind. The McCormick Kitchens have developed simple recipes for savory bites, colorful cookies and cakes, and tasty drinks that are brimming with the tastes of the season, and perfect for mingling.
“Flavors like eggnog, gingerbread and peppermint are what define the holidays for so many of us,” said McCormick Executive Chef Kevan Vetter. “It’s easy to add these festive flavors to classic party foods like brie, nuts and cocktails. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice over candied nuts, add peppermint extract to a white chocolate cocktail, or top warm brie with a cranberry rum topping.”
Snacks to Start the Party
- Cinnamon Vanilla Glazed Walnuts – Cinnamon and cayenne bring the heat, while sugar and vanilla deliver the sweet tastes in this snackable, gift-worthy holiday nut recipe.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Pecans – Attention pie lovers: These candied nuts are a combination of pumpkin and pecan pies in bite-sized form.
- Cranberry Rum Brie – It’s a party on a platter! Baked brie topped with rum-flavored whole cranberry sauce is as tasty as it is gorgeous.
- Baked Brie Bowl – The ooey, gooey, melted brie in this bowl is flavored with garlic, chili powder and mustard for a savory dip that’s bound to be the star of the party.
- Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate – This candy-cane flavored slow-cooker hot chocolate stays warm from the beginning of the party through dessert and the gift exchange.
- Eggnog Martini – Eggnog without all the prep? We’re in. Nutmeg and rum extracts create the eggnog flavor in this rich white-chocolate cocktail.
- Peppermint Martini – This creamy, easy-drinking peppermint martini is made for grownups who never lost their sweet tooth.
- Maple Amaretto Sour – Give the traditional Amaretto Sour – amaretto, simple syrup and lemon juice – the holiday treatment, with the simple flavor of McCormick Maple Extract.
Craveable Christmas Desserts
- Eggnog Thumbprint Cookies – Eggnog buttercream replaces the usual fruit jam in these crumbly, walnut-studded shortbread thumbprints.
- Fancy Christmas Cakes – There’s a Christmas-colored secret within these chocolate-coated mini cakes— red-and-green layers of rich cake with a luscious vanilla buttercream center.
- Holiday Painted Cookies – Frosting, food coloring and vanilla are all you need to make beautiful painted cookies—think snowmen, ornaments and snowflakes—for an extra special treat.
- Almond Gingerbread Cookies – If you like speculoos, you’ll love these almond-gingerbread cookies, with a tender cakey texture and the power to make your house smell like the holidays.
- Peppermint One Bowl Brownies Recipe – One-bowl brownies get a holiday makeover thanks to a smooth layer of peppermint-chocolate frosting and a sprinkling of crushed candy canes for an extra crunch!
- Holiday Cinnamon Snickerdoodles – There are few cookies that are perfect just as they are, and this cinnamon-sugar rolled classic just happens to be one of them. The sweet, warm cinnamon flavor will bring you back to your childhood holiday memories.
To download product photography, visit the digital press room at www.mccormick.com/holiday2017
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With $4.4 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings the Joy of Flavor to Life™. For more information, visit www.mccormickcorporation.com.