RONKONKOMA, N.Y., Feb. 21, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Nature’s Bounty, a trusted brand with nearly fifty years of experience in the vitamin and supplement industry, is joining forces with legendary gold medal figure skater Dorothy Hamill to champion a movement towards better health and to unite people on one thing everyone can agree on: That no matter what, we’re always better off healthy.
As a professional figure skater and now mother, breast cancer survivor and advocate for children with disabilities, Dorothy Hamill is using her unique experiences and background to encourage and demonstrate to others that, though we may sometimes feel very different from each other, we are all just people who want to be our best, healthy selves.
“A role model on and off the ice, Dorothy Hamill is an inspiration for generations past and present,” said Chris O’Connor, Vice President of Marketing, for Nature’s Bounty. “With the shared commitment to champion overall health and wellness, we are proud to partner with Dorothy on our mission to support people on their individual wellness journeys to better health.”
“As a professional athlete I have always made a strong commitment to my health,” said Dorothy Hamill. “In partnering with Nature’s Bounty, I want to inspire everyone to take that leap – to focus on being healthy now- so we can be prepared for all of life’s big celebrations and victories, along with those small, everyday moments, which truly make life special!”
Dorothy Hamill has infused her own experience into tips to help people jumpstart their health in 2018, including:
- Get moving! I am constantly looking for small ways to add extra movement to my day, whether that is taking the stairs instead of the elevator or parking in the farthest spot in the grocery store parking lot, I try to add as many “steps” as I can. It is important to maintain joint comfort so I can continue to be active and have added Glucosamine Chondroitin to my daily routine to support my joint health and comfort.*
- Health and Wellness are Holistic: Over the years, if there is one thing I have learned about my overall wellness, is that there is no one quick fix. It is all about the collective small moments throughout the day that make you a “healthy” person—like eating a balanced diet as regularly as possible and taking the vitamins and the supplements your body needs to fill any nutritional gaps, and getting quality sleep.
- “Take your Vitamins!” is a piece of advice I wish I could give to my younger self. Personally, in addition to a balanced diet, to ensure that I am filling any nutritional gaps, I now incorporate vitamins like Fish Oil to help maintain my cardiovascular and circulatory systems, Nature’s Bounty Probiotic 10 to support digestive balance and Calcium with Vitamin D3 for bone health.
- Find activities you have passion for and it will never be work: Skating has always been my passion and the ice has always been a place of great peace for me while also being an incredible workout. Today, in addition to skating I have found other ways to stay active and healthy including hiking, walking my dog, tennis and skiing.
- Experiment: Starting when I was very young, my parents believed in exposing each of their children to an abundance of varied activities in the hope they would find something they loved. They each had found a passion – Dad with his music and Mom with her horses – so it was natural for them to encourage us try new things and pursue what we love to do. For me it was always skating. If you haven’t found your passion, start putting yourself out there to new things!
- Routines Create Success: As a professional athlete and now with a busy lifestyle, I am still all about planning ahead and having a routine. For example, Sunday nights, I sort out all of my vitamins for the week into a case that I keep in my purse, so that I know, no matter where I am, I have my essentials with me. To help me stick to my routine, I also sometimes add in Melatonin so I can recharge and be ready to take on the day for when I experience those occasional nights where I may have trouble falling asleep.* Planning ahead is everything!
About Nature’s Bounty®
Health-conscious people have trusted Nature’s Bounty® products for nearly fifty years. Our dedication to quality, consistency, and scientific research has resulted in vitamins and nutritional supplements of unrivaled excellence. By combining the latest breakthroughs in nutritional science with the finest ingredients, we’re proud to provide consumers with supplements of unsurpassed quality and value. Nature’s Bounty supplements are overseen by our scientists, manufacturing specialists and quality experts, each one dedicated to maintaining the highest quality standards. At Nature’s Bounty, we have an unwavering commitment to the safety, integrity and efficacy of our products. Our Quality Control and Quality Assurance programs are internally and independently audited to ensure top quality products that consistently meet our stringent specifications and performance measurements.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
SOURCE Nature’s Bounty