Labor Day marks the unofficial end of summer, and it’s less than a month away. For some, the three-day weekend is often a last-ditch effort to wear white pants and soak up the sun before the seasons change. To help travelers plan a last-minute Labor Day weekend trip, Expedia® today shared data and tips on how to save money on flights, hotels and packages.
Booking Tips for Labor Day Travel
Even though Labor Day is just around the corner, there are still many ways to get a great value on a last-minute getaway. In fact, Expedia’s travel data1 shows the cheapest days to fly all summer are August 21 – September 3, so jetsetters are in luck. Here’s how to find a great travel deal for the holiday:
- Rental cars: Labor Day is one of the busiest weekends of the year for rental cars. Data shows that the cheapest rates were secured one to two weeks in advance of the travel dates.
- Hotels: Travelers who aren’t ready to commit to a vacation package can still access incredible savings. Just book a flight or rental car on Expedia and come back any time before the trip to attach a hotel for up to 43 percent off.
- Flights + packages: Browse Expedia’s Last-Minute Deals page, which automatically curates the best flight, hotel, cruise and package deals leaving from your home airport.
Top Labor Day Package Deals
We’re really into bundling at Expedia and our data gurus also determined which destinations have the best package savings when traveling from the U.S.2 Traveling to Hawaii for Labor Day is a great option, with flight and hotel savings between 10 and 20 percent in destinations like Lihue and Kailua-Kona.
Travel Dates: Leave Friday, come back Monday (August 31 – September 3)
Travel Dates: Leave Saturday, come back Monday (September 1 – 3)
Where to Go for Low Hotel Prices Over Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day is usually synonymous with road trips, short weekend getaways to the beach and city adventures. Can’t decide where to go? Let affordable accommodations3 be your guide:
- Austin – average daily hotel rates down 15 percent
- Charleston – average daily hotel rates down nearly 15 percent
- Baltimore – average daily hotel rates down nearly 15 percent
- Atlantic City – average daily hotel rates down more than 10 percent
- Minneapolis – average daily hotel rates down nearly 10 percent
Expedia.com® is one of the world’s largest full service travel sites, helping millions of travelers per month easily plan and book travel. Expedia.com (https://www.expedia.com/, 1-800-EXPEDIA) aims to provide the latest technology and the widest selection of top vacation destinations, affordable airfare, hotel deals, car rentals, destination weddings, cruise deals and in-destination activities, attractions, services and travel apps.
© 2018 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Expedia and the Airplane logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Expedia Group, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CST# 2029030-50. Visit our web site https://www.expedia.com/ or use our mobile app to book cheap flights and hotels.
For further information or to schedule an interview, contact: Alexis Tiacoh, PR Specialist Expedia.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
1Data based on historical pricing.
2Based on package demand with a booking window of January 1-June 30, 2018 and a travel window unique to the Labor Day holiday, compared to a similar time period in 2017.
3Based on Expedia.com hotel ADR data with a 2017 booking window and a travel window unique to the Labor Day holiday, compared to a similar time period in 2016.
Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He is also the editor, producer and administrator of TNC Network.