LOS ANGELES, March 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Marley Kitchen and Chef’d, America’s first and only online meal kit marketplace, today announced a collaboration that gives consumers the opportunity to create family favorite recipes of the Marley’s right at home. Through this co-branded initiative, consumers are able to browse and order from a collection of fresh, Caribbean-inspired recipes created by four members of the beloved family – Rita, Cedella, Ziggy, and Rohan. Through its flexible fulfillment and delivery capabilities, Chef’d will provide customers with the recipes and pre-portioned, fresh and ready-to-cook ingredients within 24-48 hours of their order.
“We grew up celebrating and paying homage to our family’s Jamaican roots – both through music and through food,” said Ziggy Marley, Grammy Award-winning musician, cookbook author and eldest son of Bob and Rita Marley. “This collection of recipes gives everyone the chance to enjoy the bright, delicious flavors of our culture that nourish both the body and the soul.”
Available now with additional meals launching throughout the year, the Marley Kitchen recipes offered through www.Chef’d.com emphasize whole ingredients and bold island flavors, including:
- Rita Marley’s recipes feature plant-based dishes for holistic clean living
- Pumpkin Chili
- Kale Bake
- Mango Granola
- Cedella’s recipes inspired by her cookbook, Cooking with Herb: 75 Recipes for the Marley Natural Lifestyle (Avery Books), celebrate the Marley natural lifestyle, and are 100 percent vegetarian
- Callaloo and Smoky Gouda Fried Dumpling
- Jerk Tofu Tacos with Black Bean Mango Salsa
- Guava Cream Cheese Stuffed Banana Muffins
- Ziggy’s recipes, inspired by Ziggy Marley and Family Cookbook (Akashic Books), are designed to nourish and are predominantly vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free
- Brown Rice and Salmon Bowl
- Roasted Yam Tart with Summer Quinoa Salad
- Coconut Dream Fish with Jamaican Rice and Peas
- Rohan’s recipes, inspired by The Marley Coffee Cookbook: One Love, Many Coffees & 100 Recipes (Quarry Books), feature a coffee spice blend from Marley Coffee
- Coconut-Almond-Crusted French Toast with Coffee and Rum Whipped Cream
- Lentil and White Bean Burgers flavored with Marley Coffee Spice Blend and Roasted Root Vegetables
- Coconut Curry Root Vegetable Stew with a Coffee Broth
“At Chef’d, we are committed to providing consumers with high-quality, distinctively delicious meal experiences created with fresh, whole ingredients,” said Kyle Ransford, founder and CEO of Chef’d. “Marley Kitchen embodies that wholesome, natural way of eating, and we look forward to giving Marley fans a convenient way to experience the flavors of the family’s vibrant, storied heritage without even having to leave home.”
Since launching in 2015, Chef’d is widely regarded as having revolutionized the meal kit category through the company’s level of choice, re-ordering flexibility, and cost savings. Chef’d offers customers the unique ability to shop from a selection of more than 1,600 meals at any time without the hassle of membership or subscription fees. The company, which has partnered with established chefs, notable culinary personalities and trusted organizations, further sets itself apart through the ability to fulfill fresh ingredients direct to consumers on a national basis for major brands and offers its meal solutions both via ecommerce and at retail locations nationwide.
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Chef’d is an e-commerce meal marketplace that partners with celebrated chefs, media outlets and culinary influencers to offer thousands of meal solutions that make it easy for anyone to cook high-quality meals at home. Launched in late April 2015, Chef’d was created to help consumers rethink the home-cooked meal by offering fresh, pre-portioned ingredients that aim to eliminate food waste and in turn cut consumer grocery costs, all without the hassle of subscription or membership fees. This allows consumers to personalize their orders and reorder their favorites whenever they want. Follow on Twitter @get_chefd and Instagram @Chefd.
About Marley Kitchen
The Marley brand honors the timeless values of Bob Marley by uniting people around the world under the banner of One Love. Through Marley Kitchen we seek to share the soul and spirit of the Caribbean – a melting pot of cultures, ethnicities, and flavors.
I am a technology in education specialist. I created a company devoted to improving learning. I’m also a geek and love to merge my two passions, video games and education. KP Compass is the embodiment of that intersection between tech and games with education and learning.