NASA will highlight groundbreaking discoveries, benefits for humanity, and how the agency and its commercial and international partners will maximize research and development aboard the International Space Station at the 11th annual International Space Station Research and Development Conference.
The conference runs Monday, July 25 to Thursday, July 28 in Washington. The full conference agenda is available online.
NASA will provide live coverage of select panels from the conference on NASA Television, the NASA app, and the agency’s website.
The event coincides with the release of the 2022 edition of the International Space Station Benefits for Humanity publication highlighting the advances in scientific knowledge on Earth, and in space, physical, and biological sciences, aboard the microgravity laboratory for the benefits of people living on our home planet.
NASA coverage of the research and development conference is as follows (all times Eastern):
Tuesday, July 26
9 a.m. International Space Station Downlink and Keynote Address
- Jessica Watkins, NASA astronaut
- Kjell Lindgren, NASA astronaut
- Chris Own, founder and CEO, Voxa, Inc.
- Oren Milstein, CEO and chief scientific officer, Stemrad
- David Kerley, panel moderator, Discovery Channel
9:25 a.m. Next Decade of Results: A Conversation with NASA and International Space Station National Laboratory Leadership
- Ray Lugo, CEO, ISS National Laboratory
- Robyn Gatens, director, International Space Station, NASA Headquarters in Washington
- Joel Montalbano, manager, NASA International Space Station Program, NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston
11:20 a.m. The Next Decade of Results: A Conversation with the Chief Scientists of the ISSNL and NASA’s International Space Station Program
- Katherine Calvin, chief scientist and senior climate advisor, NASA Headquarters
- Kirt Costello, chief scientist, International Space Station Program, NASA’s Johnson Space Center
- Mike Roberts, chief scientist, ISS National Laboratory
Wednesday, July 27
8:50 a.m. NASA Leadership Keynote
- Bob Cabana, NASA associate administrator
- Kathryn Lueders, associate administrator, NASA’s Space Operations Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters
- Vanessa Wyche, director, NASA’s Johnson Space Center
Thursday, July 28
8:45 a.m. Climate Research Aboard the International Space Station
- Karen St. Germain, director, Earth Science Division, NASA Headquarters
- Ralph O. Dubayah, principal investigator, Global Ecosystem Dynamics Investigation, University of Maryland
- Simon Hook, principal investigator, Ecosystem Spaceborne Thermal Radiometer Experiment on Space Station, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Southern California
The International Space Station Research and Development Conference is hosted by the Center for the Advancement of Science in Space (CASIS) and the American Astronautical Society (AAS), in cooperation with NASA, the conference brings together leaders from industry, academia and government.
Get updates about the science conducted aboard the space station on Twitter @ISS_Research.
For more information about conducting research in microgravity, visit:
- NASA Confirms Discovery of Challenger DebrisAccording to a NASA press release, NASA leaders recently viewed footage of an underwater dive off the East coast of Florida, and they confirm it depicts an artifact from the space shuttle Challenger. TNCRod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary … Read more
- SpaceX lit up the Sky last night with a Starlink Launch from VandenbergSpaceX launched its Falcon 9 rocket Thursday night from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California… The rocket launch produced a spectacular sight in … SpaceX lit up the Sky last night with a Starlink Launch from Vandenberg Rod WashingtonRod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the … Read more
- The Rising Use Of 3D Printing Is A Key Trend In The Satellites MarketThe Business Research Company’s satellites market research report expands on key drivers, trends, and growth opportunities in the market. LONDON, Sept. 27, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The increasing use of 3D printing is gaining popularity in the satellite industry trends. 3D printing or additive manufacturing, is the process of making a three-dimensional object from a CAD or 3D model. … Read more
- 2022 Advanced Air Mobility and Space ExpositionNEWPORT NEWS, Va. /PRNewswire/ — AUVSI Hampton Roads, working with the Commonwealth of Virginia, will host an Advanced Air Mobility and Space Exposition on September 27-29, 2022 in Hampton Roads Virginia. This hallmark occasion begins on the 27th at Fort Monroe, 100 Stillwell Road with robotic demonstrations (Unmanned Air and Ground) for Virginia’s first responders. The 28th and 29th will be … Read more
- NASA to Cover Crew Arrival to Launch Site, Flight Readiness Review (STM Daily News)The four members of the SpaceX Crew-5 mission pose for a portrait in their Crew Dragon flight suits at SpaceX headquarters in Hawthorne, California. … NASA to Cover Crew Arrival to Launch Site, Flight Readiness Review STM Daily News! TNCRod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and … Read more
Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He is also the editor, producer and administrator of STM Daily News, a part of the TNC Network.