Following PlayStation™Now’s recent global expansion to cover 19 territories, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced its pioneering cloud game subscription service will offer lower pricing and expand with more blockbuster games. PlayStation Now subscriptions will start at $9.99 monthly, while adding marquee, limited-time titles such as Grand Theft Auto V* and God of War to the more than 800** games available on the service. PlayStation Now is the first and only console game subscription service on the market that uses cloud technology to deliver a breadth of unprecedented games.
Starting today, PlayStation Now, which is available on PlayStation®4 (PS4™) systems and PC, will be offered at the following prices, keeping in line with pricing for other entertainment streaming services. Current customers will see this price change in their next billing cycle.
- US: $9.99 – monthly / $24.99 – quarterly / $59.99 – yearly (from 19.99/ 44.99/ 99.99)
- EU: €9.99 – monthly / €24.99 – quarterly / €59.99 – yearly (from 14.99/ (N/A)/ 99.99)
- UK: £8.99 – monthly / £22.99 – quarterly / £49.99 – yearly (from 12.99 / (N/A) / 84.99)
- JP: ¥1,180 – monthly / ¥2,980 – quarterly / ¥6,980 – yearly (from 2,500 / 5,900/ (N/A))
PlayStation Now will also expand on the industry’s largest games library for a console subscription service, with additional blockbuster content available for a limited window. These games can be streamed on a PS4 system or PC, or downloaded to a PS4 system. The new content is among the most-played and highly acclaimed games on the PS4 platform, and will be added on a monthly basis. Launching today are:
- God of War – From Santa Monica Studio, God of War won numerous 2018 “Game of the Year” honors worldwide.
- Grand Theft Auto V – From Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto V is the best-selling title of the current generation.
- inFAMOUS Second Son™ – From Sucker Punch Productions, one of the best-selling PlayStation 4 games to-date.
- UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End™ – Naughty Dog’s 2016 award winning game, including BAFTA’s 2017 “Best Game.”
“Following PlayStation Now’s expansion earlier this year, we have coverage for more than 70 percent of our global PS4 user base, making it the ideal time to revamp the service with a more compelling price and stronger content offering,” said Jim Ryan, president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment. “We have accumulated a wealth of knowledge in cloud gaming since PlayStation Now’s launch in 2014. That, coupled with our 25-year legacy in the games business and strong partnerships we’ve forged with publishers, positions us to continue leading and innovating in this field as the gaming industry evolves.”
God of War, Grand Theft Auto V, inFAMOUS Second Son and UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End will be available from October 1, 2019 until January 2, 2020. Each month, the service will add a refreshed selection of marquee games that will be available for a limited period. This marquee content is on top of the existing offering of popular evergreen titles that are added to PlayStation Now on a regular basis.
With its recent expansion, SIE also begins its first-ever global marketing campaign for PlayStation Now to increase awareness in all 19 territories where the service is offered. This includes broadcast and digital campaigns, along with a new look and feel for the PlayStation Now branding. The new TV spot can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/k6cYrBTH92U
Launched in 2014, PlayStation™Now offers choice to gamers with how they want to access their gaming content. Gamers can choose to stream hundreds of PlayStation®4 (PS4™), PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®2 games available on their PS4 system or PC devices, or download more than 300** PS4 games on their PS4 system. Some downloaded games support DLC and other user-purchased add-ons, as well as PS4 Pro enhancements. Seven-day free trials are available for new customers. For more information, please visit playstation.com/psnow
* Grand Theft Auto V is available to download and stream via PS Now at launch; Grand Theft Auto Online and Rockstar Games Social Club will be available for users that download GTAV at launch. Online features, including Grand Theft Auto Online and Rockstar Games Social Club, are currently only available in the downloaded version.
**Content library may vary by region
About Sony Interactive Entertainment
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation™Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions in California, London and Tokyo.
“PlayStation” and “PS4” are a registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Sony Interactive Entertainment
Bay Area boy living in the desert. You’ll usually find him playing some type of Blizzard game or tinkering with some electronic device in his house.