The season of excess is upon us. Whether it’s too many sugar cookies or too much time with your relatives, the holiday season often brings stress, lack of sleep and bouts of indigestion. Even worse, the TSA and AAA® are predicting a record setting number of travelers between Thanksgiving and New Year’s, so plan on hustle, bustle, confined spaces and a huge ol’ headache.1 To help you avoid falling victim to some of these common seasonal pitfalls, The Nature’s Bounty Co., one of the global leaders in health and wellness, has assembled a quick guide for surviving Holiday Season 2018.
1. Get Your Gut Ready
- Overindulging goes hand in hand with the holidays. But don’t let eggnog or sweet potato pie get the best of you. Nature’s Bounty® DigestHB is an innovative formula used to help with relief from occasional heartburn and upset stomach.* The plant-based, 100% drug free, supplement contains the trademarked ingredient, GutGard®, a deglycyrrhizinated licorice extract that is scientifically designed to provide targeted digestive support.* So don’t beat yourself up about that extra slice of pie! Need a little more help in this department? Probiotics can help you maintain a healthy gut.* Nature’s Bounty® Ultra Strength Probiotic 10 contains 10 distinct probiotic cultures to help supplement your body’s natural diversity and aid the body’s natural digestive process.* Probiotics not only support microbial balance of healthy intestinal flora, but assist in the body’s natural digestive process, and help contribute to immune function.* Talk about a win-win.
2. Avoid the #Hangry Moment
- You are what you eat, so don’t let your food choices get in the way of that incredible doorbuster deal you’ve been eyeing. High sugar, low-protein snacks will lead to you being hungry and irritable while standing in the long checkout lines – don’t make this mistake! Our Pure Protein® holiday flavor bars are the perfect on-the-go option, packing a punch with 20 grams of protein and only three grams of sugar. Prefer to drink your snack? Try one of the new Pure Protein® 30g ready to drink shakes. In rich chocolate or vanilla milkshake, these high protein, low sugar shakes have four grams of fiber, 24 vitamins and minerals and less than 1g of sugar per serving – helping ensure you don’t take your #hangry out on a fellow deal seeker.
3. Don’t forget the Zzzs
- Remember, the big guy “knows when you’re awake” – so you gotta get your sleep! No matter how jam-packed your social calendar is, don’t skip your beauty rest. The holiday season can disrupt the body’s natural sleep cycle leaving you tired and restless. If you experience occasional sleeplessness, melatonin may be a solution.* Nature’s Bounty® Melatonin 10mg is a 100% drug free sleep aid that promotes relaxation and sleep, so you can fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.* Just don’t forget to leave out the plate of cookies and milk before getting that shut eye!
4. Support Your Body’s Natural Defenses
- When you’re constantly on the go-go-go, it’s important to make sure that your body is always getting the support it needs. Ester-C® 24 Hour Immune Support 1000mg is a patented formula that has been clinically studied to last in your system longer than regular Vitamin C.*† Providing 24-hour immune support, these tablets contain naturally occurring metabolites, enhancing Vitamin C retention in your white blood cells.*
5. Don’t Worry be Happy
- It’s so easy to get wrapped up in holiday stressors that we forget it’s supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year. While we highly recommend listening to some chipper holiday yule log tunes, you can also help support a calm, relaxed mood for occasional stress, with Sundown® Naturals Stress Formula that includes the same amino acid found in Japanese green tea.* No crying in your eggnog allowed.
Looking to stock up on vitamins ahead of the holiday season? Look no further than Puritan’s Pride®. With more than 1,200 products available at just the click of the button, you can stay cuddled up on the couch and still support your health. Did we say Free Shipping and hot #BlackFriday deals?
For more information about The Nature’s Bounty Co., or our portfolio of brands and products, please visit www.naturesbountyco.com. Here’s to a happy and healthy holiday season!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
¹https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/2018/11/13/tsa-administrator-2018-holiday-travel-period-expected-be-busiest-travel, https://newsroom.aaa.com/2018/11/thanksgiving-travel-forecast-2018/ , https://newsroom.aaa.com/category/travel/page/2/
†Ester-C® has been clinically studied to stay in the white blood cells for up to 24 hours, which is longer than regular Vitamin C. White blood cells are an important component of the immune system.
GutGard® is a trademark of Natural Remedies, PVT. LTD.
SOURCE The Nature’s Bounty Co.
Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He is also the editor, producer and administrator of TNC Network.