CAPE CANAVERAL SPACE FORCE STATION, Fla., May 19, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — A United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V carrying Boeing’s CST-100 Starliner spacecraft on Orbital Flight Test-2 (OFT-2) to the International Space Station (ISS) as part of NASA’s Commercial Crew Program, lifted off on May 19 at 6:54 p.m. EDT, from Space Launch Complex-41 (SLC) at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station. To date ULA has launched 150 times with 100 percent mission success. This marks the 93rd successful launch of an Atlas V rocket, and the 104th launch from SLC-41.
“The integrated NASA, Boeing, and ULA team has worked diligently to ensure the highest level of safety for future astronaut crews,” said Gary Wentz, ULA vice president of Government and Commercial Programs. “This launch is a critical step towards future human spaceflight onboard Atlas V and we look forward to the remainder of this mission. Thank you to all of our mission partners for the outstanding teamwork to deliver this spacecraft to orbit.”
The Atlas V rocket delivered the Boeing Starliner spacecraft to a 98-nautical mile (nmi) sub-orbital trajectory. Following separation from the Atlas V, the Starliner engines ignited to put the Starliner on its orbital path toward the ISS.
Producing more than one and a half million pounds of thrust at liftoff, the Atlas V configuration was modified specifically for the Starliner spacecraft.
ULA’s next launch is the USSF-12 mission for the U.S. Space Force, planned for June 29, from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida.
Leveraging a legacy of 100 percent mission success launching 150 missions to explore, protect and enhance our world, ULA is the nation’s most experienced and reliable launch service provider with world-leading reliability, schedule confidence, and mission optimization. The technologies we launch protect our country and troops in the battlefield, enable search and rescue, aid meteorologists in tracking severe weather, deliver cutting-edge commercial services, and expand our understanding of the Earth. We deliver value unmatched by any launch services company in the industry, a tireless drive to improve, and commitment to the extraordinary.
SOURCE United Launch Alliance (ULA)
- NASA Confirms Discovery of Challenger DebrisAccording to a NASA press release, NASA leaders recently viewed footage of an underwater dive off the East coast of Florida, and they confirm it depicts an artifact from the space shuttle Challenger. TNCRod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary … Read more
- SpaceX lit up the Sky last night with a Starlink Launch from VandenbergSpaceX launched its Falcon 9 rocket Thursday night from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California… The rocket launch produced a spectacular sight in … SpaceX lit up the Sky last night with a Starlink Launch from Vandenberg Rod WashingtonRod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the … Read more
- The Rising Use Of 3D Printing Is A Key Trend In The Satellites MarketThe Business Research Company’s satellites market research report expands on key drivers, trends, and growth opportunities in the market. LONDON, Sept. 27, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The increasing use of 3D printing is gaining popularity in the satellite industry trends. 3D printing or additive manufacturing, is the process of making a three-dimensional object from a CAD or 3D model. … Read more
- Electra Flies Solar-Electric Hybrid Research AircraftElectra.aero, Inc. (“Electra”), a next-gen aerospace company with a mission to help decarbonize aviation and open new air transportation markets, announced today that it has completed the first flight of a solar-battery hybrid electric research aircraft.
- 2022 Advanced Air Mobility and Space ExpositionNEWPORT NEWS, Va. /PRNewswire/ — AUVSI Hampton Roads, working with the Commonwealth of Virginia, will host an Advanced Air Mobility and Space Exposition on September 27-29, 2022 in Hampton Roads Virginia. This hallmark occasion begins on the 27th at Fort Monroe, 100 Stillwell Road with robotic demonstrations (Unmanned Air and Ground) for Virginia’s first responders. The 28th and 29th will be … Read more
Rod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He also produces news and documentary video projects. Check out his podcast StoriesThisMoment at https://m3e.d71.myftpupload.com/stm-tncn-podcasts/