So you’ve decided to try nudism for the first time.
Now what do you do?
If you’re sure that you’ll like the nudist life, and you’re prepared to make the commitment without a second thought, you can join a nudist club or book your first nudist vacation and jump straight into the nudist lifestyle.
But what if you’re a little more hesitant? After all, who can blame you? Going nudist for the first time is a big step for a lot of people.
Maybe you just want to dip your toe in the water, without making too much of a commitment at first, so that should you decide that you don’t like it you can back out, immediately if you feel like it, without losing anything.
Does that sound like you? In that case you have two options.
Try a free open day at a nudist site.
Or try a free nude beach.
Of the two options, the first is preferable for the following reasons.
Firstly, you will be in a controlled environment, where club rules ensure that standards of hygiene and behaviour are observed. The area will be well-screened for privacy and there will be at least basic amenities. Importantly, you will find that the members will be friendly, open and welcoming.
The problem is that nudist club open days are not common, and if one occurs it might be hundreds of miles away. Also, it will be arranged for a particular day and date, which, even if you can make it may be cold and rainy and not really “nudist friendly.” Nevertheless they do occur from time to time. Try a regular internet sweep for “naturist club open day” or something similar and see what comes up. Don’t hold your breath though!
A more realistic option would be to try a free nudist beach, or lake, or swimming hole.
If you go for a nudist beach, the first and best bit of advice I can offer is to make sure that it’s an “official”, (i.e sanctioned by the authorities) nude beach. Or, it may be just a section of the beach, because whilst some beaches are all nude, other, larger beaches may only allow nudity in certain well-marked designated areas. Unless you know what you’re doing, using anything other than an official nude beach can result in some embarrassing attention from the law!
Some of the advantages of using a free nudist beach are:
- There will usually be at least one on the nearest coast to you.
- They are free.
- You can visit whenever you want for as long as you like, and then leave whenever you wish.
Some of the disadvantages are:
- They are largely unregulated. You may come across bad, offensive or inappropriate behaviour.
- They are rarely screened off and are accessible to the general public. You may suffer from the attentions of voyeurs, peepers, outraged citizens (even on official beaches), and similar menaces. Also watch out for the hidden camera sneak who films in secret and then plasters his seedy little videos all over the internet. (Tip. To frustrate this shabby individual, place a large beach-bag or some other obstruction at your feet when lying down. It prevents him from getting his favourite shot.)
- It may be difficult to make friends with other beach users. (Tip: If this is a worry for you there are websites such as Real Nudist Friends that specialise in putting you in touch with other nudists. Even if you don’t want to sign up for free you can leave a message on one of the free forums.)
- Many of them are difficult to access and have no amenities whatsoever.
It may seem that the disadvantages outweigh the advantages and that nude beaches are places best avoided, but I’ve pointed out the potential problems for completeness only. You’ll rarely encounter all of the cons on a beach visit, and most often it will be trouble-free. Just do your homework on the internet, peruse the beach reports and user reviews, then make your choice.
It’s the easiest, trouble-free and cheapest way of taking your first nudist steps.
Enjoy them. I guarantee they won’t be your last!
Liz Egger is a writer and a nudist who has spent much of her adult life trying to persuade the rest of the world that nudism is an effective, wholesome and natural antidote to the pressures of modern living.
Her book, “The Complete Guide to Nudism and Naturism (ISBN 978-0-9562313-0-7”) rapidly became a nudist classic and is now in its second edition, and her e-book “Nice Girls Can Be Nudists Too!” is doing well in the Amazon Kindle charts.
Liz also has a keen interest in natural health matters.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Liz_Egger/25465
Liz Egger is a writer and a nudist who has spent much of her adult life trying to persuade the rest of the world that nudism is an effective, wholesome and natural antidote to the pressures of modern living. Her new book,” The Complete Guide to Nudism and Naturism (ISBN 978-0-9562313-0-7″)is a must-have for everyone tempted by (or interested in) the nudist way of life. Liz also runs “Real Nudist Friends, a busy and successful online nudist community and meeting place. Liz also has a keen interest in natural health matters.