Nordstrom is welcoming the holiday shopping season with a joyous new campaign called ‘Let’s Go Gifting.’ In a whimsical story that’s full of personality, its stylish cast revels in a fantastical holiday wonderland, inviting customers everywhere to celebrate the season of giving. The campaign launches on October 29, 2018.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here:
The marketing campaign was produced by Nordstrom and directed and photographed by Theo Wenner, who has worked on original campaigns for Chanel, Chloe and Topshop/Topman, as well as editorials for Vogue and Rolling Stone. The cast includes Guinevere Van Seenus, who began her modeling career walking a Nordstrom fashion show as a teenager, as well as longtime Nordstrom customer and model Jan De Villeneuve, who has been gracing runways for over 50 years.
The campaign includes a colorful, cheerful video that will run on Nordstrom.com and on the retailer’s social and digital platforms, print and out of home. A national TV commercial will launch on November 5.
LET’S GO GIFTING
This holiday season, Nordstrom wants to make shopping fun with Gifts That Do Good, Gifts That Inspire, and innovative services that help make the holidays completely stress-free in-store and online.
GIFTS THAT DO GOOD
Giving back feels good any time of year, but particularly during the holidays. From gift cards that give back, to gifts that do good, Nordstrom is making it easier than ever for customers to find the perfect gift.
- Gift Card Give Back – Nordstrom donates 1% of all gift card sales to nonprofits across the U.S. and Canada. This year alone, the company has donated over $7.5 million to more than 600 organizations.
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals™ – In partnership with its customers, Nordstrom is supporting Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals™ (CMNH) to make a difference in the lives of children. Now through December 24, Nordstrom invites customers to support CMNH through the purchase of $10 giving cards at any Nordstrom full-line store in the U.S. and Canada. All donations will stay local to the community in which they were given, including 55 network hospitals in regions with Nordstrom stores. The donations will fund critical treatments, pediatric medical equipment and charitable care for children and their families across the U.S. and Canada.
- Nordstrom Signature – Nordstrom is introducing a new cashmere collection featuring beautiful designs for women, men and children. Select products within the collection are produced in factories where Nordstrom has partnered with BSR’s HERproject to implement workplace training programs on topics like health, finance and gender equality. Since 2007, Nordstrom has partnered with BSR to launch worker empowerment programs in 27 factories around the world, reaching more than 18,000 workers.
- Treasure & Bond – Nordstrom donates 2.5% of net sales from this exclusive, private-label brand to programs that empower young people to make a difference in their community. To date, the company has donated $2.5 million. This year, Treasure & Bond is supporting WE Charity, which provides educators and students with curriculum and educational resources that help them gain an understanding of the root causes of pressing social issues and provides the tools necessary to take action and make an impact. Treasure & Bond features laid-back wardrobe staples with an Americana aesthetic for women, men, children, as well as home, a new category that launched this year.
GIFTS THAT INSPIRE
Nordstrom aims to be THE destination for unique holiday gifts at a range of price points, from a chic Topshop faux fur shoulder bag for $48 to showstopping Gucci boots for $1,790, including emerging brands and exclusive items.
- Daily Drops – Beginning November 27 through December 18, Nordstrom will release exclusive, limited products each day called ‘Daily Drops,’ to create a sense of discovery in-store and online throughout the shopping season. Products will be added to Nordstrom.com/holidaygifts at 6:00am PST, as well as on the @Nordstrom Instagram. ‘Daily Drops’ will feature exciting, new-to-market items and styles from brands like Something Navy, Christian Louboutin, Charlotte Tilbury, Rothy’s, Outdoor Voices, Treasure & Bond, Le Labo, Sant & Abel, Hugo Boss x Jeremyville, and Rag & Bone x Mickey.
- Gift Guides – Based on top-demanded categories and search terms by Nordstrom customers, the company is introducing a persona-based gift guide featuring curated and unique ideas for 11 customer personalities. Examples include The Tech Collector, The Luxe Lover, The Traveler, The Witty One, and the Do-Gooder, among others, and can be found on Nordstrom.com/holidaygifts.
Want to see everything in one place? See the comprehensive Nordstrom Gift Guide below that makes it simple and easy to shop by price-point or recipient including Her, Him, Kids, and Pets.
MAKING SHOPPING EASY & CONVENIENT
Throughout the holiday season, Nordstrom aims to offer convenient services that make holiday shopping stress-free, fun and serve customers on their terms – how and when they want to shop:
- In November:
- Gift Hub – Need some inspiration? For the first time, all your holiday gifts will be available in the Nordstrom Gift Hub in more than 65 stores. Gift recommendations are organized by customer personalities, making it easier for them to discover fun gift ideas. Customers can also scan QR codes in the Gift Hub to get additional recommendations through Nordstrom.com.
- Gift Scout – Having trouble identifying the perfect gift? Nordstrom Gift Scouts will be on hand in more than 65 stores to provide expert gift shopping recommendations. Customers can book appointments in-store or online.
- Gift Wrap – Leave the wrapping to us! In addition to complimentary silver boxes, Nordstrom will offer elevated gift-wrapping services in more than 70 stores with four custom-designed wrapping papers for $5 per package.
- Gift Shops – All Nordstrom Rack stores and NordstromRack.com will offer customers Gift Shops featuring “Family Jammies,” “The Goods for Guys,” “Gifts to Go” and more.
- In December:
- Early Bird Pickup – From December 3-24, stop by any Nordstrom store starting at 8 a.m. to pick up Buy Online & Pick Up in Store purchases utilizing curbside services.
- 24/7 Curbside Pickup – While Nordstrom offers Curbside Pickup year-round, from December 16-24 customers will be able to pick up their items 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 23 select Nordstrom stores across the U.S.
Nordstrom, Inc. is a leading fashion retailer based in the U.S. Founded in 1901 as a shoe store in Seattle, today Nordstrom operates 380 stores in 40 states, including 122 full-line stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico; 244 Nordstrom Rack stores; three Jeffrey boutiques; two clearance stores; six Trunk Club clubhouses; and three Nordstrom Local service concepts. Additionally, customers are served online through Nordstrom.com, Nordstromrack.com, HauteLook and TrunkClub.com.Nordstrom, Inc.’s common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol JWN.
SOURCE Nordstrom, Inc.
Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He is also the editor, producer and administrator of TNC Network.