WINNIPEG, Manitoba, July 14, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter and Rosalynn Carter returned to the Habitat for Humanity build site in Winnipeg this morning. They attended the daily morning devotional at 8 a.m. kicking off the last day of Habitat’s 34th Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project.
President Carter was discharged from St. Boniface General Hospital early this morning after being admitted briefly for rehydration.
From July 9-14, President and Mrs. Carter joined thousands of volunteers for Habitat’s Carter Work Project to build 150 homes across Canada in celebration of the country’s 150th anniversary.
About Habitat for Humanity
Driven by the vision that everyone needs a decent place to live, Habitat for Humanity began in 1976 as a grassroots effort on a community farm in southern Georgia. The Christian housing organization has since grown to become a leading global nonprofit working in more than 1,300 communities throughout the U.S. and in nearly 70 countries. Families and individuals in need of a hand up partner with Habitat for Humanity to build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower. To learn more, visit habitat.org
SOURCE Habitat for Humanity International
CONTACT: Rowena Sara, Habitat for Humanity International, Mobile: 412-712-5848, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Star Trek: Discovery – Official Trailer - July 23, 2017
- THE BLUE MAN (a.k.a. ETERNAL EVIL) AT THE FANTASIA FILM FESTIVAL - July 21, 2017
- Mattel Launches New Franchise Enchantimals™ - July 21, 2017
- NBA All-Star Kevin Durant makes surprise appearance at Austin’s IDEA Rundberg as part of BBVA Compass’ Summer of Opportunity - July 20, 2017
- Mattel And WWE® Launch Girls Product Line - July 20, 2017
- Vampire Comedy Web Series Filming on Long Island - July 20, 2017
- AARP and Ad Council Launch New PSA Campaign to Empower Millions of Americans to Get on Track for Retirement - July 19, 2017
- 76 percent of U.S. workers do not fear automation, according to Randstad US - July 18, 2017
- Award-Winning Actress and International Women’s Advocate Robin Wright to Headline Premier Tech Gathering for Social Good - July 16, 2017
- Habitat for Humanity update on President Jimmy Carter - July 15, 2017