Book By Maria Shriver And Blue Star Press
BEND, Ore., June 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Blue Star Coloring (an imprint of Blue Star Press) has taken its mission to inspire wellness through creative expression to a new level with Color Your Mind: A Coloring Book for Those with Alzheimer’s and the People Who Love Them (published June 4), authored by award-winning journalist, best-selling author, and Alzheimer’s advocate Maria Shriver. Shriver’s father, Sargent Shriver, was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease in 2003 and passed away in 2011. “When my father had Alzheimer’s, I struggled to find things that I could do with him. That’s why I created Color Your Mind.” With over six million people living with Alzheimer’s in the United States alone, Color Your Mind is a passion project for Shriver, a resource for caregivers, family, and friends to help to connect with people with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
Shriver worked with Blue Star Press, a publishing company dedicated to promoting wellness through their stress-relieving books. Together, they sought the expertise of doctors, caregiving professionals in memory-care facilities, and people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s as they developed artwork and activities. “It is hands-down the best coloring book on the market”, claims Peter Licalzi, co-founder of Blue Star Press. “The coloring book market has been saturated for some time now. Color Your Mind reflects our efforts to evolve the space. Each page was created thoughtfully and for a purpose.”
Coloring pages in the book are designed by illustrator Brita Lynn Thompson; these are found alongside activity suggestions and prompts for shared reflection and conversation. Richard Isaacson, M.D., Director of the Alzheimer’s Prevention Clinic at the Weill Cornell Medical College/New York Presbyterian Hospital notes, “This coloring book fills an unmet need; it can facilitate meaningful time and interactions between people with Alzheimer’s, their family members, and caregivers.” Color Your Mind is entirely unique in that it connects coloring with information surrounding wellness and brain health, with information social connection, nutrition, exercise, and more.
Shriver’s commitment to finding a cure for Alzheimer’s Disease goes far beyond the pages of Color Your Mind.She has also written New York Times bestselling books and produced award-winning films and TV programs that have furthered the public’s understanding of Alzheimer’s. In March 2017, Shriver was recognized by the Alzheimer’s Foundation with their first ever Lifetime Achievement Award. A portion of proceeds from Color Your Mind will be donated to the Women’s Alzheimer’s Movement.
For more information about the book click here: http://bluestarcoloring.com/MariaShriver
Contact: Peter Licalzi, Co-Founder, firstname.lastname@example.org, 210-380-1342
SOURCE Blue Star Press
- Check Out the Iridium-2 Launch Webcast - June 25, 2017
- Solar Eclipse Across America: Science, Yes, and So Much More! - June 24, 2017
- Playster Partners With Nelvana To Add Popular Kids’ TV Shows To Its Catalog - June 21, 2017
- Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow Is Launching On June 29; Reveals New Animation Featuring Stephen Hawking, George Takei, Bill Nye, And Neil Degrasse Tyson - June 20, 2017
- Young Jamaican Actor Breaks Barriers, Opens Yacht Charter Company – Creates History - June 19, 2017
- E3 2017 WRAPS AFTER RECORD ATTENDANCE - June 17, 2017
- FLIGHT OF BOEING 787-10 AND 737-MAX 9 IN DRAMATIC DISPLAY - June 17, 2017
- ON THE HUNT FOR PORCH PIRATES - June 12, 2017
- Are UFOs Real? Ask Me, Please! - June 12, 2017
- Six Questions to Ask Your Insurance Agent - June 7, 2017