Twelve budding artists, selected from thousands of applicants across the country, were recently named winners in a national art contest sponsored by Time4Learning, a national online homeschooling curriculum.
Time4Learning asked students ages six – 18 to submit drawings for the chance to see their design come to life as a custom-made stuffed creation. Nearly 4,000 entries were received, with 12 designs selected to become personalized plush toys. The goal of the national contest was to foster homeschool students’ creative expression and imagination.
The winners, who received their stuffed creations in March 2021, are:
Six and Under:
- Uni-bat, submitted by Yaelis in Amsterdam, New York
- Juny the Cool Crocodile, submitted by Zackart in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
- Leo the Leopardcorn, submitted by Kayleigh in Franklin Square, New York
- Tangy the Lemonade, submitted by Abhilynn in San Antonio, Texas
Seven to 12:
- Coco the Koala, submitted by Jackson in Russellville, New York
- Pugtato, submitted by Reece in Kihei, Hawaii
- NeaPAWlitan Cat, submitted by Gracelyn in Plainfield, Indiana
- Kitten Cupcake, submitted by Kelly
13 to 18:
- Little Mushroom Man, submitted by Trinity in San Marcos, Texas
- Cuteness with a Cherry on Top, submitted by Olivia in North Scipio, Indiana
- Astronaut Octopus, submitted by Karis in State College, Pennsylvania
- My Sweet Little Friend, submitted by Iris in Nashville, Tennessee
“Thank you so much for putting this awesome contest together,” said Jackson’s mother, Brittney. “Jackson has been proudly carrying Coco the Koala around everywhere!”
According to Time4Learning Founder and President John Edelson, art has become a vital outlet for children, especially during the pandemic.
“We need art now, more than ever,” said Edelson. “It allows our children to have a voice and express themselves, while bringing people and ideas together. In addition, their designs tap into their vivid imaginations while reinforcing key learning skills.”
Time4Learning offers a customizable, flexible, and affordable online homeschool curriculum, while its interactive videos and gamified platform keep students’ minds engaged as they master concepts, practice skills and develop effective study habits. Families can start, stop, or pause the program anytime. Visit Time4Learning.com for more information on how to get started, and to view demos.
Time4Learning is an award-winning, online curriculum for at-home use. The PreK-12th grade coursework teaches math, language arts, science, social studies and more. The interactive, student-paced curriculum features thousands of multimedia-based lessons, activities, and printable worksheets. In addition to the Time4Learning curriculum, there’s Time4Writing and Time4MathFacts to help with those skill areas. Parents use the popular platform to reinforce key concepts during summer, supplement school work, or as a main academic curriculum for homeschooling.
Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He is also the editor, producer and administrator of TNC Network.