Amtrak and its supplier, Alstom, have reached another milestone in the development of the new Acela trainsets, unveiling the interiors of the fleet that will better serve Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor travelers. Through these photos, you will see how Amtrak is upgrading the experience for millions of passengers and setting the stage for the next generation of train travel in America and on the Northeast Corridor. Elevating the travel experience, the new Acela offers enhancements in comfort, technology, innovation, and safety on Amtrak’s most environmentally sustainable fleet of trains to date.
“Between the sleek design of their interiors, state-of-the-art technology, and sustainable amenities, and innovative safety features, our new Acela trains will help revolutionize American train travel,” said Amtrak President & CEO Stephen Gardner. “Thanks to Senator Schumer’s strong leadership and commitment to improving high-speed rail and Amtrak service in the New York and throughout the nation, and the hard work of Alstom, Amtrak employees and our other partners, travelers will experience improved, modern, and smoother service on the Northeast Corridor and provide this country with the type of modern train travel we deserve when these trains are ready for service next year.”
“Thanks to Hornell’s world class workers at Alstom, America is now in the fast lane for the high speed state of the art train system it has long needed. The new trains unveiled today, which come built straight from the heart of New York’s Southern Tier, will transform Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor line, improving service, safety, and getting passengers to their destinations faster and more efficiently than ever before,” said Senator Schumer. “I am proud to have delivered the hundreds of jobs to Upstate New York.”
“We are thankful for our partnership with Amtrak and excited to bring the world’s most technology advanced high-speed trains to the United States”, said Michael Keroullé, President, Alstom Americas. “These high-speed trains are proudly built by our team in Hornell, in partnership with the International Association of Machinists, and rely on a strong domestic U.S. rail supply base with nearly 250 suppliers in 27 states. We greatly appreciate the continued support from our federal, state, and local partners along with Senator Schumer, New York Empire State Development, and the Hornell IDA who have played a vital role to help realize this transformational rail project for the Northeast Corridor and entire U.S. rail industry.”
- DFW Elite Toy Museum Featured on Fun on the Run TV SegmentDog lovers, toy lovers, and most of all, car lovers will be captivated by the many items on display at the DFW Elite Toy Museum DFW Elite Toy Museum … DFW Elite Toy Museum Featured on Fun on the Run TV Segment TNCRod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook.… Read more: DFW Elite Toy Museum Featured on Fun on the Run TV Segment
- Mattel Adventure Park Coming Soon to Glendale.Glendale, AZ – The Valley is hyped for a new, upcoming, first of its kind, themed amusement park which will be opening soon. From what we can see the… Mattel Adventure Park Coming Soon to Glendale. Railfan RodRod Washington Writer, filmmaker, model railroader, dreamer, posting videos and articles about trains. Also, posting railfanning videos and… Read more: Mattel Adventure Park Coming Soon to Glendale.
- District of Columbia Teams Up with Plenary Americas, ENGIE North America, and EQUANS for Nation’s Largest Urban Streetlight Modernization Project$309 Million Project will Modernize More Than 75,000 Streetlights, Reduce Energy Use by more than 50 Percent, Improve Equity of Service, and Extend Wi-Fi Coverage in Underserved Neighborhoods
- A Facelift for the Iconic Hollywood Sign?The iconic 45-foot lettering that sits just below the summit of Mount Lee, overlooking the Hollywood neighborhood of Los Angeles, California, will get a sprucing up before the celebration of its centennial anniversary.
- Communities throughout central and northern Vancouver Island receive funding to revitalize public spaces and enhance tourism experiencesNANOOSE BAY, BC /CNW/ – Safe and inclusive public spaces and dynamic tourism attractions are key to vibrant communities. They bring together people of all ages and abilities, supporting businesses and boosting economic vitality. Throughout Vancouver Island, communities are ready to welcome back residents and visitors to enjoy new and improved public spaces and tourism experiences.… Read more: Communities throughout central and northern Vancouver Island receive funding to revitalize public spaces and enhance tourism experiences
Rod Washington Writer, filmmaker, model railroader, dreamer, posting videos and articles about trains. Also, posting railfanning videos and updates about his own model railroad layout via his webpage, the rail project (coming soon).