Amtrak and its supplier, Alstom, have reached another milestone in the development of the new Acela trainsets, unveiling the interiors of the fleet that will better serve Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor travelers. Through these photos, you will see how Amtrak is upgrading the experience for millions of passengers and setting the stage for the next generation of train travel in America and on the Northeast Corridor. Elevating the travel experience, the new Acela offers enhancements in comfort, technology, innovation, and safety on Amtrak’s most environmentally sustainable fleet of trains to date.
“Between the sleek design of their interiors, state-of-the-art technology, and sustainable amenities, and innovative safety features, our new Acela trains will help revolutionize American train travel,” said Amtrak President & CEO Stephen Gardner. “Thanks to Senator Schumer’s strong leadership and commitment to improving high-speed rail and Amtrak service in the New York and throughout the nation, and the hard work of Alstom, Amtrak employees and our other partners, travelers will experience improved, modern, and smoother service on the Northeast Corridor and provide this country with the type of modern train travel we deserve when these trains are ready for service next year.”
“Thanks to Hornell’s world class workers at Alstom, America is now in the fast lane for the high speed state of the art train system it has long needed. The new trains unveiled today, which come built straight from the heart of New York’s Southern Tier, will transform Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor line, improving service, safety, and getting passengers to their destinations faster and more efficiently than ever before,” said Senator Schumer. “I am proud to have delivered the hundreds of jobs to Upstate New York.”
“We are thankful for our partnership with Amtrak and excited to bring the world’s most technology advanced high-speed trains to the United States”, said Michael Keroullé, President, Alstom Americas. “These high-speed trains are proudly built by our team in Hornell, in partnership with the International Association of Machinists, and rely on a strong domestic U.S. rail supply base with nearly 250 suppliers in 27 states. We greatly appreciate the continued support from our federal, state, and local partners along with Senator Schumer, New York Empire State Development, and the Hornell IDA who have played a vital role to help realize this transformational rail project for the Northeast Corridor and entire U.S. rail industry.”
- A Facelift for the Iconic Hollywood Sign?The iconic 45-foot lettering that sits just below the summit of Mount Lee, overlooking the Hollywood neighborhood of Los Angeles, California, will get a sprucing up before the celebration of its centennial anniversary.
- Communities throughout central and northern Vancouver Island receive funding to revitalize public spaces and enhance tourism experiencesNANOOSE BAY, BC /CNW/ – Safe and inclusive public spaces and dynamic tourism attractions are key to vibrant communities. They bring together people of all ages and abilities, supporting businesses and boosting economic vitality. Throughout Vancouver Island, communities are ready to welcome back residents and visitors to enjoy new and improved public spaces and tourism experiences….
- METROLINK RECEIVES $25 MILLION CALSTA GRANT FOR 91/PERRIS VALLEY LINEGrant funds will expand 91/Perris Valley Line capacity and improve service LOS ANGELES – The California State Transportation Agency (CalSTA) has awarded Metrolink more than $25 million to complete the final design and construction of three capacity improvements as part of the Metrolink Perris Valley Line Capacity Improvement Project. “We are incredibly thankful to CalSTA for…
- AMTRAK CELEBRATES 32ND ANNIVERSARY OF THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACTProgress continues in creating an accessible network WASHINGTON – Amtrak is commemorating the anniversary of the landmark Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), signed into law on July 26, 1990. This pivotal moment for Americans with disabilities led to the creation of barrier-free access in all areas of public life, including services like transportation, with Amtrak…
- Revitalized outdoor spaces for the residents of Sainte-Angèle-de-Monnoir with the help of Government of Canada fundingCED awards $38,874 to the municipality of Sainte-Angèle-de-Monnoir for its project to upgrade the skating rink in Parc Noël-Dubé. SAINTE-ANGÈLE-DE-MONNOIR, QC, July 15, 2022 /CNW Telbec/ – Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED) Shared public spaces, such as outdoor skating rinks in municipal parks, are at the heart of communities across Canada. They draw in residents and visitors alike and create…
Rod Washington Writer, filmmaker, model railroader, dreamer, posting videos and articles about trains. Also, posting railfanning videos and updates about his own model railroad layout via his webpage, the rail project (coming soon).