(Family Features) Gifts and cards are surely appreciated, but one of the best gifts for many parents is simply time spent together. No special occasion is necessary – just loving moments enjoyed as a family.
You can make those moments memorable with a tasty snack like Apple and Blood Orange Pinwheels made with the satisfying texture and taste of Envy Apples. With a consistently balanced, refreshing sweetness coupled with crisp elegant crunch, they’re easily spotted by their large, sharable size and crimson red skin perfect for snacks that bring loved ones together.
Pair these fruit-forward pinwheels with a relaxing day spent watching a family-friendly show like “Strawberry Shortcake” as she and her pals discover hidden treasures while on vacation, encounter mysterious monsters and tangle with out-of-control spring flowers while she “bakes the world to a better place” all year round.
Find more recipe ideas to celebrate moms and dads at EnvyApple.com.
Watch video to make this recipe!
Apple and Blood Orange Pinwheels
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 flour tortilla (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup hazelnut spread
- 1 Envy Apple, sliced thin
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and sliced
- Using spatula or spoon, coat one side of tortilla with hazelnut spread.
- Evenly layer apple slices on hazelnut spread, applying light pressure with hands so they stick to tortilla
- Layer blood orange slices over apple slices.
- Roll up tortilla tightly.
- Cut tortilla into 5-8 slices, each approximately 1 1/2-2 inches.
- Secure pinwheels with toothpicks or arrange tightly on serving tray.
- The Perfect Turkey Dinner RecipeTNCRod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He also produces news and documentary video projects. Check out his podcast StoriesThisMoment at https://m3e.d71.myftpupload.com/stm-tncn-podcasts/ stmdailynews.com/
- Asian American Spirits House, YOBO, Collaborates with Top Chef Winner, Cookbook Author and TV personality Kristen Kish on Modern Aperitif Line, Yobo_KishYOBO, the female founded leader in the Asian American Spirits industry, is proud to announce the launch of their collaboration with world-renowned chef, Kristen Kish, on a new range of modern aperitifs inspired by an evolving Korean American identity.
- Análisis de la industria del aguacate(Family Features) El aguacate, una de las frutas favoritas en todo el país, hace sonreír a quienes disfrutan de su sabor fresco, ya sea como ingrediente en una receta o el aguacate solo como un refrigerio saludable. Sin embargo, su sabor no es el único beneficio. De acuerdo con el Instituto del Aguacate, los aguacates… Read more: Análisis de la industria del aguacate
- Le Macaron French Pastries® Celebrates with Franchise Partners At “Together Towards Tomorrow” Summit in OrlandoLe Macaron French Pastries, the #1 macaron franchise brand in the United States, celebrated a year of unprecedented growth, innovation, and success with its franchisees from throughout the country.
- CHIPOTLE PILOTS ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY TO ENHANCE THE EMPLOYEE AND GUEST EXPERIENCEOperational optimization tools and advanced location-based technology tests show early efficiencies in-restaurant
Rebecca Jo is a mother of four and is a creative soul from Phoenix, Arizona, who also enjoys new adventures. Rebecca Jo has a passion for the outdoors and indulges in activities like camping, fishing, hunting and riding rollercoasters.