Phoenix, AZ — The beautiful spring weather is here, which means it’s almost time to celebrate Valley Bike Month. Every April, Valley Metro and its member cities and event partners encourage bicycling to win prizes, get some exercise and help improve our air quality.
On ShareTheRide.com, cyclists across the Valley can compete in the Bike Month Challenge to log the most bike trips and be entered to win special prizes. Participants can compete alone or as a member of team. There are contests running throughout the month of April for cyclists and “regular” alternative mode users alike.
Enter the Valley Bike Month pledge on ShareTheRide.com from now through March 31, for a chance to win prizes before the month even begins.
In addition to signing up for contests and challenges, there are other ways to join in the fun. Throughout the month of April, cities and local bike groups are hosting several events:
- 3/26/22 Phoenix Spokes People Garden Art ride
- 4/2/22 Slope Fest & Tour de Sunnyslope
- 4/2/22 El Tour de Mesa
- 4/2/22 CycloMesa festival
- 4/3/22 Scottsdale Cycle the Arts
- 4/8/22 Arizona Bicycle Summit
- 4/9/22 Tempe Tour de Fat 2022
- 4/9/22 Chandler Family Bike Ride
- 4/10/22 Glendale Family Bike Ride
- 4/20/22 Downtown Phoenix Bike to Work Day
- 4/20/22 Tempe Bike to Work Day
Rod Washington Writer, filmmaker, model railroader, dreamer, posting videos and articles about trains. Also, posting railfanning videos and updates about his own model railroad layout via his webpage, the rail project (coming soon).