World’s #1 Antiperspirant Brand Reinforces Commitment to Inspire People to Break Limits by Expanding Industry’s First-Ever College Athlete NIL Program
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. — Degree Deodorant has introduced five additional college athlete partners to its #BreakingLimits Team, made up of athletes from a variety of college sports who inspire people to break limits every day.
Degree announced the formation of the #BreakingLimits Team in July 2021, with 14 inaugural members celebrating the historic new policies allowing college athletes to monetize their name, image, and likeness. Each of the following new athletes has been individually selected for their personal story of overcoming adversity and how they inspire others to move beyond their limits with confidence. The #BreakingLimits program is part of Degree’s larger $5 million commitment to inspire people to move beyond their limits – supporting those who face the biggest barriers to being active and providing them access to the tools, resources, and safe spaces needed to move more.
Degree’s #BreakingLimits Team Members:
- NEW Andrew Jones – Men’s Basketball, University of Texas
- NEW Charlotte Teeter – Women’s Soccer, Texas Tech University
- NEW Chase Griffin – Football, UCLA
- NEW Dana Rettke – Women’s Volleyball, University of Wisconsin
- NEW Gloria Mutiri – Women’s Volleyball, University of Oregon
- Adrian Martinez – Football, University of Nebraska
- Asjia O’Neal – Women’s Volleyball, University of Texas
- Bailey Moody – Wheelchair Basketball, University of Alabama
- Cam Mack – Men’s Basketball, Prairie View A&M
- Chayla Edwards – Women’s Ice Hockey, University of Wisconsin
- Emma Hoffart – Softball, Missouri Western State University
- Jazmyn Foberg – Women’s Gymnastics, University of Florida
- Jhenna Gabriel – Women’s Volleyball, University of Texas
- Lawrence Sapp – Para Swimming, University of Cincinnati
- Logan Eggleston – Women’s Volleyball, University of Texas
- Matt Henningsen – Football, University of Wisconsin
- Mitchell Pehlke – Men’s Lacrosse, Ohio State University
- Nimari Burnett – Men’s Basketball, University of Alabama
- Saquan Singleton – Men’s Basketball, University of New Mexico
“When we created the #BreakingLimits Team, we set out to share the remarkable stories and voices of college athletes who have dedicated their lives to their sport. We were blown away by the number of untold stories that deserved to be heard. Because of this, we’re excited to expand our roster to give even more athletes the platform to inspire others to keep moving beyond their limits,” said Chiara Grillo, Senior Marketing Manager, Degree Deodorant.
To help identify these new team members, Degree directed interested athletes to apply on its Instagram last month and share how they’ve overcome personal and societal challenges to get to where they are today. Together, these new athlete partners will join the existing #BreakingLimits team comprised of other extraordinary college athletes and will take part in various programming, including local community projects, content partnerships, a mentorship program with Unilever and more over the next year.
“Unilever is a company that believes business can be a force for societal good and we’re committed to continue taking a meaningful, long-term approach towards working with college athletes,” said Rob Master, VP of Media and Digital Engagement at Unilever NA. “This is more than just one moment – we’ve been at the forefront of the NIL conversation in hopes of setting a positive precedent for working with college athletes and we look forward to continued partnerships with these individuals and others.”
About Degree Deodorant
Degree deodorants and antiperspirants are designed to inspire the confidence in everyone to move more. We make it our business to know more about sweat, and what we learn informs every product innovation to help you keep moving. As a brand designed for and dedicated to promoting movement, Degree has always believed in the power of movement to enhance our wellbeing. Yet, we know that the opportunity to move is not distributed equally, which is why we have made a commitment to ensure everyone has the freedom to move and help youth transform their lives through the power of movement. We are bringing this commitment to life through a variety of ongoing partnerships and programs that strive to help everyone find the confidence to move beyond limits. Visit www.degreedeodorant.com and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to learn more.
About Unilever North America
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Beauty & Personal Care, Home Care, and Foods & Refreshment products, with sales in over 190 countries and products used by 2.5 billion people every day. We have 149,000 employees and generated sales of €50.7 billion in 2020. Over half of our footprint is in developing and emerging markets. We have around 400 brands found in homes all over the world. In the United States and Canada, the portfolio includes iconic brand such as: Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Magnum, Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Degree, Dollar Shave Club, Q-tips, Seventh Generation, St. Ives, Suave, TRESemmé, and Vaseline.
Our vision is to be the global leader in sustainable business and to demonstrate how our purpose-led, future-fit business model drives superior performance. We have a long tradition of being a progressive, responsible business. It goes back to the days of our founder William Lever, who launched the world’s first purposeful brand, Sunlight Soap, more than 100 years ago, and it’s at the heart of how we run our company today.
The Unilever Compass, our sustainable business strategy, is set out to help us deliver superior performance and drive sustainable and responsible growth, while:
- improving the health of the planet;
- improving people’s health, confidence and wellbeing; and
- contributing to a fairer and more socially inclusive world.
- While there is still more to do, we are proud to have been recognized in 2020 as a sector leader in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and – for the tenth-consecutive year – as the top ranked company in the 2020 GlobeScan/SustainAbility Sustainability Leaders survey.