CNW Telbec/ – On Monday, August 29, NASA’s Orion spacecraft and Space Launch System (SLS) rocket will launch for the first time, as part of the Artemis I mission to the Moon. This uncrewed test flight will mark the return to the Moon after almost 50 years and the beginning of a new era of lunar exploration.
Following a successful Artemis I mission, a Canadian Space Agency (CSA) astronaut will take part in Artemis II, the first crewed mission to the Moon since Apollo 17 in 1972.
Join CSA astronaut David Saint-Jacques at CSA headquarters for a special launch viewing event. CSA experts will be on site and available for interviews. The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry, as well as Lisa Campbell, President of CSA, will be on site in Florida for the launch and will be available for media as well. The event will also be broadcasted on the CSA’s YouTube channel and Facebook page.
Media may also visit kiosks hosted by representatives of Canadian space companies developing lunar technologies.
Date: August 29, 2022
Time: 8:15 a.m. ET
What: Artemis I launch event at the CSA
Who: David Saint-Jacques, CSA astronaut
Kumudu Jinadasa, Program Lead, Astronauts, Life Sciences and Space Medicine
Where: John H. Chapman Space Centre
6767 Route de l’Aéroport
Information kit – Artemis missions
Canada’s role in Moon exploration
Follow us on social media
SOURCE Canadian Space Agency
- NASA Confirms Discovery of Challenger DebrisAccording to a NASA press release, NASA leaders recently viewed footage of an underwater dive off the East coast of Florida, and they confirm it depicts an artifact from the space shuttle Challenger. TNCRod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary…
- SpaceX lit up the Sky last night with a Starlink Launch from VandenbergSpaceX launched its Falcon 9 rocket Thursday night from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California… The rocket launch produced a spectacular sight in … SpaceX lit up the Sky last night with a Starlink Launch from Vandenberg Rod WashingtonRod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the…
- The Rising Use Of 3D Printing Is A Key Trend In The Satellites MarketThe Business Research Company’s satellites market research report expands on key drivers, trends, and growth opportunities in the market. LONDON, Sept. 27, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The increasing use of 3D printing is gaining popularity in the satellite industry trends. 3D printing or additive manufacturing, is the process of making a three-dimensional object from a CAD or 3D model….
- 2022 Advanced Air Mobility and Space ExpositionNEWPORT NEWS, Va. /PRNewswire/ — AUVSI Hampton Roads, working with the Commonwealth of Virginia, will host an Advanced Air Mobility and Space Exposition on September 27-29, 2022 in Hampton Roads Virginia. This hallmark occasion begins on the 27th at Fort Monroe, 100 Stillwell Road with robotic demonstrations (Unmanned Air and Ground) for Virginia’s first responders. The 28th and 29th will be…
- NASA to Cover Crew Arrival to Launch Site, Flight Readiness Review (STM Daily News)The four members of the SpaceX Crew-5 mission pose for a portrait in their Crew Dragon flight suits at SpaceX headquarters in Hawthorne, California. … NASA to Cover Crew Arrival to Launch Site, Flight Readiness Review STM Daily News! TNCRod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and…
Rod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He also produces news and documentary video projects. Check out his podcast StoriesThisMoment at https://m3e.d71.myftpupload.com/stm-tncn-podcasts/