Los Angeles – Metrolink’s Summer of Adventure begins in May with a celebration of National Bike Month and free fare for riders who board trains with their bicycles during Bike to Work Week, May 16-20.
“Metrolink’s bike-friendly passenger trains are perfect for a summer travel adventure as well as for those riders who use their bikes for part of their commute.” Metrolink Board Chair Ara Najarian said. “And during Bike to Work Week we invite everyone to bring their bike and take the train to work or anywhere they like, free for the entire week.”
The bike month festivities include a “Cycle SoCal” sweepstakes giveaway worth more than $2,500 – including a brand new Aventon e-bike, a Metrolink Monthly Pass, an overnight experience at a local luxury hotel, and dinner for two at a well-known restaurant.
Metrolink partnered with SoCal-based e-bike company, Aventon Bikes, and local media outlet LOCALE Magazine for the giveaway of a new e-bike that features a 40-mile average range with a foldable frame, pedals, and handlebars, made for easy transportation. To learn more about how to enter the contest, visit Metrolink’s Bike Month webpage.
Working with outdoor adventure company AllTrails, Metrolink will share a specially curated lineup of trails for cyclists within two miles of a Metrolink train station and add a collection of bike trail destinations on Metrolink’s EXPLORE webpage. Pairing cycling with rail travel is easy with Metrolink’s amenities, including dedicated bike cars that each hold nine bikes, bike storage lockers at 23 stations, and bike racks at 34 stations.
“On Metrolink trains, there is a special “Bike Car” designed to secure up to nine bikes on the lower level, while all our passenger cars have some area for bicycle storage. These accommodations make it easier for our riders to get to a destination easily and with fun,” Metrolink CEO Darren Kettle said. “Fun is the key over the next few months as we all get out and enjoy our Southern California summer.”
Cyclists do require a paid Amtrak Pacific Surfliner ticket with complimentary bicycle reservation for Rail 2 Rail and Codeshare trains.
Metrolink’s Summer of Adventure runs from May through August and will share discounted fare options, ideas for enjoyable getaway destinations and fun surprises for riders.
- DFW Elite Toy Museum Featured on Fun on the Run TV SegmentDog lovers, toy lovers, and most of all, car lovers will be captivated by the many items on display at the DFW Elite Toy Museum DFW Elite Toy Museum … DFW Elite Toy Museum Featured on Fun on the Run TV Segment TNCRod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook….
- Mattel Adventure Park Coming Soon to Glendale.Glendale, AZ – The Valley is hyped for a new, upcoming, first of its kind, themed amusement park which will be opening soon. From what we can see the… Mattel Adventure Park Coming Soon to Glendale. Railfan RodRod Washington Writer, filmmaker, model railroader, dreamer, posting videos and articles about trains. Also, posting railfanning videos and…
- District of Columbia Teams Up with Plenary Americas, ENGIE North America, and EQUANS for Nation’s Largest Urban Streetlight Modernization Project$309 Million Project will Modernize More Than 75,000 Streetlights, Reduce Energy Use by more than 50 Percent, Improve Equity of Service, and Extend Wi-Fi Coverage in Underserved Neighborhoods
- A Facelift for the Iconic Hollywood Sign?The iconic 45-foot lettering that sits just below the summit of Mount Lee, overlooking the Hollywood neighborhood of Los Angeles, California, will get a sprucing up before the celebration of its centennial anniversary.
- Communities throughout central and northern Vancouver Island receive funding to revitalize public spaces and enhance tourism experiencesNANOOSE BAY, BC /CNW/ – Safe and inclusive public spaces and dynamic tourism attractions are key to vibrant communities. They bring together people of all ages and abilities, supporting businesses and boosting economic vitality. Throughout Vancouver Island, communities are ready to welcome back residents and visitors to enjoy new and improved public spaces and tourism experiences….
Rod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He also produces news and documentary video projects. Check out his podcast StoriesThisMoment at https://m3e.d71.myftpupload.com/stm-tncn-podcasts/