Metrolink has recently announced that it has switched to renewable fuel, making the commuter rail agency the first in the nation to completely power all its locomotives by the cleaner burning alternative.
- OBSERVING WORLD AIDS DAYWORLD AIDS DAY Every year, World AIDS Day is held on December 1st to raise awareness of the AIDS pandemic and to mourn those who have died from the disease. According to the most recent statistics, nearly 38 million people around the world are living with HIV. The Human Immunodeficiency Virus is the virus that… Read more: OBSERVING WORLD AIDS DAY
- District of Columbia Teams Up with Plenary Americas, ENGIE North America, and EQUANS for Nation’s Largest Urban Streetlight Modernization Project$309 Million Project will Modernize More Than 75,000 Streetlights, Reduce Energy Use by more than 50 Percent, Improve Equity of Service, and Extend Wi-Fi Coverage in Underserved Neighborhoods
- Communities throughout central and northern Vancouver Island receive funding to revitalize public spaces and enhance tourism experiencesNANOOSE BAY, BC /CNW/ – Safe and inclusive public spaces and dynamic tourism attractions are key to vibrant communities. They bring together people of all ages and abilities, supporting businesses and boosting economic vitality. Throughout Vancouver Island, communities are ready to welcome back residents and visitors to enjoy new and improved public spaces and tourism experiences.… Read more: Communities throughout central and northern Vancouver Island receive funding to revitalize public spaces and enhance tourism experiences
- AMTRAK CELEBRATES 32ND ANNIVERSARY OF THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACTProgress continues in creating an accessible network WASHINGTON – Amtrak is commemorating the anniversary of the landmark Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), signed into law on July 26, 1990. This pivotal moment for Americans with disabilities led to the creation of barrier-free access in all areas of public life, including services like transportation, with Amtrak… Read more: AMTRAK CELEBRATES 32ND ANNIVERSARY OF THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
- Revitalized outdoor spaces for the residents of Sainte-Angèle-de-Monnoir with the help of Government of Canada fundingCED awards $38,874 to the municipality of Sainte-Angèle-de-Monnoir for its project to upgrade the skating rink in Parc Noël-Dubé. SAINTE-ANGÈLE-DE-MONNOIR, QC, July 15, 2022 /CNW Telbec/ – Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED) Shared public spaces, such as outdoor skating rinks in municipal parks, are at the heart of communities across Canada. They draw in residents and visitors alike and create… Read more: Revitalized outdoor spaces for the residents of Sainte-Angèle-de-Monnoir with the help of Government of Canada funding
Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He is also the editor, producer and administrator of STM Daily News, a part of the TNC Network.