SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Razer™, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, announced today a partnership with home networking partner Ignition Design Labs, creators of the award-winning Portal Wi-Fi router. The companies collaborated to optimize features and performance of the Portal router specifically for gaming.
While evolving its ecosystem of hardware and software for gaming and entertainment, Razer identified device connectivity as a major area needing improvement. A sub-par router is often the cause of lag, screen tearing and buffering, three issues that commonly plague gamers. Mesh-capable Portal Wi-Fi routers help prevent these glitches. With key technologies, Portal successfully addresses the demands of high bandwidth gaming and streaming applications.
“Razer continually transforms categories to redefine the meaning of ‘ultimate performance,'” says Razer Co-Founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan. “Now we’re elevating Wi-Fi to meet that standard. It’s vital to creating the best gaming and entertainment experiences for our fans all over the world.”
Terry Ngo, CEO of Ignition Design Labs, said the following: “As engineers, we’re passionate about technology and beautiful design. We’ve built high-performance Wi-Fi solutions for some of the most iconic names in consumer electronics. We’re thrilled now to be partnering with Razer to transform Wi-Fi networking into a competition-beating advantage for the world’s foremost gaming and entertainment ecosystem.”
AVAILABILITY: Now at Razerstore; Worldwide in Q1 2018
PRICE: 149.99 USD/ 169.99 EUR
ABOUT PORTAL BY RAZER:
- Patented congestion-busting technologies enabling fastest speeds and lowest latency, critical for the best gaming experiences
- FastLanes™ Simultaneous Multi-Channel DFS technology enables your devices to operate in exclusive radar-protected channels avoiding unreliable & slow WiFi in peak hours
- SmartLanes™ Intelligent Active Traffic and Interference Avoidance technology steers your devices to uncrowded, clean, fast channels
- Latest Generation Quad-Stream 802.11ac with Wave-2 MU-MIMO providing powerful Gigabit connectivity for advanced mobile and gaming devices
- Advanced QoS (quality of service) management prioritizes gaming traffic for optimum speed and latency
- Mesh 2.0 establishes a blanket of fast, ultra-reliable WiFi coverage for homes up to 6,000 sq. ft. using just two Portal units (where other competitors require three units or more)
- WiFi AutoPilot™ adaptive roaming technology steers high bandwidth client devices to the fastest channel and the closest mesh node for optimum performance
Razer™ is the world’s leading lifestyle brand for gamers.
The triple-headed snake trademark of Razer is one of the most recognized logos in the global gaming and esports communities. With a fan base that spans every continent, the company has designed and built the world’s largest gamer-focused ecosystem of hardware, software and services.
Razer’s award-winning hardware ranges from high-performance gaming peripherals (for the PC and console platforms) to the Razer Blade gaming laptops. Razer’s software platform, with over 35 million users, includes Razer Synapse (an Internet of Things platform), Razer Chroma (a proprietary RGB lighting technology system), and Razer Cortex (a game optimizer and launcher). Razer services include Razer zGold, one of the world’s largest virtual credit services for gamers, which allows gamers to purchase virtual goods and items from over 2,500 different games.
The company has a global footprint with nine offices worldwide and is recognized as the leading brand for gamers in the USA, Europe and China.
Founded in 2005 and dual-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, Razer is backed by institutional investors including IDG-Accel, Intel Capital and Horizons Ventures.
ABOUT IGNITION DESIGN LABS:
Silicon Valley-based Ignition Design Labs is a veteran team of wireless networking engineers developing radically new and critically important technologies at the heart of the next generation Internet of Things. Founded in 2015, Ignition Design Labs is headquartered in San Jose, CA with a Design Center in Hsinchu, Taiwan.
SAFE HARBOR STATEMENT:
Statements in this release that are forward-looking, such as product features and capabilities, Wi-Fi router market growth, games market growth, ecosystem development, and projected progress and general success of the collaboration, involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which may cause actual results in future periods to be materially different from any future performance that may be suggested in this release. The parties to this press release assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained herein.
Copyright 2017 Razer Inc. All rights reserved. Razer, the Razer logo, Ignition Design Labs, the Ignition Design Labs logo and all other product and services names and slogans and trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Razer – For Gamers. By Gamers.™