Coveted toys of the season revamp summer classics, beat travel boredom and keep kids’ brains sharp when school’s out.
NEW YORK /PRNewswire/ — Families are eager to help kids relish the warmer weather, enjoy long-overdue summer vacations, and make up for lost time with friends and family during the pandemic. Today, the Toy Insider, the toy industry’s most influential organization, released its 2022 Spring & Summer Gift Guide online at thetoyinsider.com to help parents find the perfect toys and gear for a season of carefree family fun. This year’s guide features more than 260 toys from 130 toymakers across eight different categories, including toys that empower kids to explore and learn; games and activities that bring families together; outdoor and active products to cure cabin fever; and water toys to get your splash on.
Demand for outdoor and sports toys continued to soar in 2021, with the NPD Group reporting greater sales than the year prior in these categories at $5.86B, and the trend is expected to continue this year.
“Despite inflation and price increases that have come along with pandemic living, we know parents will continue to put kids’ happiness and wellness first and expect to see significant toy purchases in the months’ ahead,” says Ali Mierzejewski, Editor-in-Chief of the Toy Insider. “We know parents are looking for the best toys to keep kids entertained, whether it’s outside on a sunny day, indoors on those rainy days, or on-the-go while traveling. The Toy Insider’s Spring & Summer Gift Guide has got you covered with everything you need for a season of engaging, active and educational fun!”
The season’s trendiest toys give classic summer toys a well-deserved upgrade; exercise kids’ brains outside the classroom; are eco-friendly and teach green concepts; and beat travel boredom. Plus, new toys are bringing kids’ favorite characters to life, including familiar faces from CoComelon, Turning Red, and Blue Clue’s & You!.
The Toy Insider’s gift guide breaks down toys by play category and age group, from newborns to tweens. Each category includes products spanning various price points, from affordable collectibles to splurge-worthy backyard staples:
- ACTIVITIES & GAMES: You’ll never hear “I’m bored” with these hands-on activities, DIY kits and family-friendly games that keep kids busy with screen-free entertainment!
Toy Insider Picks: Ice Cream Butter Scoops (WeCool Toys), Soundiculous (Moose Toys)
- BUDGET-FRIENDLY FAVES: Refresh the toy box without breaking the bank—amid the rising costs of consumer goods—with toys, collectibles and activities under $25.
Toy Insider Picks: Aphmau MeeMeows Mystery Plush Series 1 (Bonkers Toys), #Boneless Skateboarders (NSI International)
- ENTERTAINMENT TOYS: Bring your kids’ favorite characters from movies, TV shows, video games and social media platforms to the real world with playsets, dolls, collectibles and more.
Toy Insider Picks: Care Bears I Care Bear (Basic Fun!), Transformers Bumblebee Action Playset (Jazwares)
- NATURE & EDUCATIONAL TOYS: Prevent the “summer slide” with toys that sneak in basic STEM concepts and encourage kids to explore the world around them.
Toy Insider Picks: Poppy the Count & Stack Flower Pot (Learning Resources), Coding Starter Kit (Osmo)
- OUTDOOR TOYS: Create the hottest playground on the block with backyard gear that gets kids excited to ditch the couch in favor of some serious fun in the sun
Toy Insider Picks: Fömalache (Little Kids), Tony Hawk 20-inch 720 Bike (Dynacraft)
- PHYSICAL & ACTIVE TOYS: Keep kids moving with a variety of toys that will have them pedaling, climbing, jumping, scooting, and laughing all season long.
Toy Insider Picks: Kick & Score Playgym (VTech), Kid Trax Classic Pedal Cars (Kid Trax)
- TRAVEL TOYS: You’ll be there before you know it! These compact, lightweight and portable toys provide hours of entertainment and travel well.
Toy Insider Picks: Tinkle Crinkle Pull & Play Toy (Spin Master), CoComelon Learning Book (Just Play)
- WATER TOYS: Beat the heat and treat the kids to splashy fun with pool toys, over-the-top inflatables, water blasters and interactive beach sets.
Toy Insider Picks: H2OGO! Funfinity Splash Mega Water Park (Bestway), Little Tikes 3-in-1 Splash ‘n Grow Water Table (MGA Entertainment)
The Toy Insider team of experts is always on the pulse of what’s new, hot and trending in toy land. They review toys all year long, evaluating each toy’s features and overall value using five key criteria: play value, originality, skill building, product integrity and fun factor.
Visit http://www.toyinsider.com to read reviews, find the latest in toy news, enter fun giveaways and get the latest parenting tips.
About The Toy Insider
The Toy Insider is the go-to source for product information about children’s toys, tech and entertainment. Its team of toy experts publishes two annual gift guides—one for summer and one for holiday—and reviews toys 365 days a year on thetoyinsider.com, a trusted resource for parents. The Toy Insider’s content is produced by an editorial team with 125 years of combined experience covering the toy industry. The Toy Insider is published by Adventure Media & Events, publisher of the Pop Insider, a daily pop culture news and review site that will #fuelyourfandom, as well as leading trade publication the Toy Book, which helps its readers stay on the #pulseofplay. For more information, visit thetoyinsider.com and follow them on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
SOURCE The Toy Insider
- In Recognition of National Afro Day, Prominent Black-Owned Toy Company, Purpose Toys, Unveils Amazon Exclusive “Crown and Coils” Styling-Head SetAn Extension of the World’s First and Only Line of Natural Hair Styling-Heads Created to Celebrate Children With Coily and Curly Hair “Crown and Coils” Natural Hair Styling-Head “Peety” is available Exclusively at Amazon LOS ANGELES /PRNewswire/ — In honor of National Afro Day today, DeeDee Wright-Ward, creator of viral “Naturalistas” Fashion Doll line and CEO of one of … Read more
- Purpose Toys Unveiled New Naturalistas Pixie Puff CollectionPurpose Toys recently announced their new forthcoming Tightly-Coiled Natural-Hair Fashion Doll line, Pixie Puff Collection, a celebration of short and chic natural hair styles, this past National CROWN Day on their Instagram @MyNaturalistas. Links: https://www.mypurposetoys.com/ https://justplayproducts.com/ Source: Purpose Toys, Just Play Rod WashingtonRod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod … Read more
- Black-Owned Toy Start-Up (Purpose Toys) Unveiled New Naturalistas Pixie Puff CollectionThe First Coily “4C-Textured” Natural Hair Fashion Doll Line on National CROWN Day Pixie Puff Doll Collection available this Fall Exclusively at Walmart PHILADELPHIA /PRNewswire/ — Purpose Toys, one of the largest Black-owned toy start-ups, announced their new forthcoming Tightly-Coiled Natural-Hair Fashion Doll line, Pixie Puff Collection, a celebration of short and chic natural hair styles, this past National CROWN … Read more
- Jurassic World Dominion: Toys”R”Us partners with Universal Brand Development and Mattel to launch exclusive toys and eventsDinosaurs are taking over Toys”R”Us Malaysia. In line with the global release of the long-awaited Jurassic World Dominion movie in theatres this June
- Bratz® Makes History with Groundbreaking Pride Collector Dolls in Collaboration with Celebrity Designer Jimmy Paul and Licensed Lifestyle Manufacturer DifuzedBratz Pride x JimmyPaul Debuts First Ever Fashion Doll Same-Sex Couple and ‘Inspired-By’ Apparel Line with Difuzed; MGA Cares Pledges Contribution to the Leading National Organization Supporting LGBTQ Youth CHATSWORTH, Calif., May 26, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — MGA Entertainment (MGA), the largest and fastest growing privately held toy and entertainment company in the U.S., announced today an all-new Pride Collection inspired by fan-favorite Bratz® characters and … Read more
Rod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He also produces news and documentary video projects. Check out his podcast StoriesThisMoment at https://m3e.d71.myftpupload.com/stm-tncn-podcasts/