You can roughly define Body-image as the image of your body, but the term has a much deeper meaning. Body image is what you perceive about your body; it is your physical appearance. However, what you feel about your body may altogether be different from what others think about you.
You can have a positive body-image or a negative one, depending upon how you feel about yourself. The body-image is not what you develop overnight, and it also changes over time. There are a lot of factors that contribute to make you aware about your body.
A positive body-image gives you self-confidence, self-awareness, self-acceptance and self-worth, whilst a negative body-image can lead to anxiety, depression, emotional distress, inferiority complex, low self-esteem, eating disorders, and in the end, unsuccessful life. The key to find real success and happiness in life comes with a healthy mental attitude by developing a positive body-image.
So, what could a positive body-image bring to your life? The answer is, true happiness, peace of mind, and a satisfied life. How one can develop a positive body-image? The answer is, by changing your behaviour and attitude towards your self-perception.
You may not look stunning to others but if you are confident about yourself, you would always look glamorous to yourself. You communicate your body-image to others through your actions, manners, communication, dressing, and by giving respect to others. For example, if you take bath daily, dress up well, and perfume your body, you actually are presenting a positive body-image, not only to yourself but to others as well. In return you get confidence, and people respect you as you look respectable.
Having a positive body-image can win hearts for you. You might have heard that first impression is the last impression, and this is the case when you are going for an interview. The interviewer judges you as early as you walk in the interview room. So, the positive body image, in most of the cases, wins a job for you as you are self-confident.
Some people are naturally handsome and attractive so, they do not have to do anything to gain positive body image. They naturally look beautiful even if they live an ordinary life; however, with a little more care, they can look fabulous. There are number of people in the world who either are not aware about their body image or have negative thoughts. Below are some of the things that you can adopt to gain a positive body image.
Eat well and take healthy diet; your bones will get stronger, and you will have healthy glowing skin and silky hair. It is recommended to do daily exercise as it enhances your stamina and energy, and boost your self-image and self-esteem. You must also take good rest by sleeping according to your self-contentment.
We must be optimistic, and should look at the positive side of the picture; this is what is required when we see our body in the mirror. Everyone is unique and he/she should look unique to follow his/her style. You are a builder of your own faith and destiny; your appearance does matter, but your originality makes you exceptional.
Jason Longworth is a fitness expert. To buy extensive range of new Body Shaper [http://www.honorstclair.co.uk/] to be slim and smart. You can try this now at his recommended site [http://www.honorstclair.co.uk/].
- Selective abortion of girls occurs — for different reasons — among Indian and Chinese diasporaHealth researchers previously established that selective abortion of females in second and third pregnancies, have found the practice is more pronounced among families in which the mother was born in India but living in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States.
- Help Discover the Next Breakthrough Medical Treatment(Family Features) Without clinical trials, the medicines millions of people rely on to treat or cure diseases would not have become available. Clinical trials examine the safety and effectiveness of new treatments in people, and this research plays a key role in developing ways to prevent, detect and treat diseases. Why Diversity is Important in … Read more
- Elecciones Inteligentes Para su Salud: Recursos para seleccionar un proveedor(Family Features) Obtener atención médica para usted o un ser querido es una gran responsabilidad, especialmente si recién está comenzando con Medicare o tiene cambios en su vida, como un nuevo diagnóstico de una afección o enfermedad. Puede ser abrumador si necesita servicios como atención en un asilo de ancianos, tiene que encontrar un nuevo … Read more
- Resources for Selecting a Health Care Provider(Family Features) Getting health care for yourself or a loved one is a big responsibility, especially if you are starting with Medicare, need services like nursing home care, have to find a new doctor or get home health care. Using online tools like “Find Care Providers” on Medicare.gov can make it easier to make comparisons … Read more
- MasterClass Announces Kris Jenner to Teach the Power of Personal BrandingThe mother of self-invention shares her secrets to success and how to create an authentic personal brand that will stand the test of time SAN FRANCISCO /PRNewswire/ — MasterClass, the streaming platform where anyone can learn from the world’s best across a wide range of subjects, today announced that Kris Jenner will teach a class on the power of … Read more