A day for fitness and self discovery #WorkoutWednesday
- Many older adults lack clear eyesight, even with glassesVision impairment disproportionately impacts older adults Newswise — New research shows that 28% of people over the age of 71 have a visual … Many older adults lack clear eyesight, even with glasses TNCRod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary… Read more: Many older adults lack clear eyesight, even with glasses
- Stork Club Announces the First Gender-Inclusive Reproductive Hormone Therapy Coverage to Address Growing DemandLeading family-building management solution is the only employer-sponsored program to close gaps in hormone therapy care for all genders: menopause, hormonal health optimization and gender-affirming care
- OBSERVING WORLD AIDS DAYWORLD AIDS DAY Every year, World AIDS Day is held on December 1st to raise awareness of the AIDS pandemic and to mourn those who have died from the disease. According to the most recent statistics, nearly 38 million people around the world are living with HIV. The Human Immunodeficiency Virus is the virus that… Read more: OBSERVING WORLD AIDS DAY
- The undying holiday-suicide mythSome news media stories still inaccurately link suicide with the holiday season Newswise — PHILADELPHIA – The holiday-suicide myth, the false claim that the suicide rate rises during the year-end holiday season, persisted in some news coverage through the 2021-22 holidays, according to U.S. media data collected and analyzed by the Annenberg Public Policy Center (APPC) of… Read more: The undying holiday-suicide myth
- American Indian Teens Who Anticipate Future Affiliation with their Native Culture Experience Fewer Negative Consequences of DrinkingNewswise — American Indian (AI) adolescents who expect to relate strongly to their racial culture in the future are less likely than their peers to experience negative alcohol outcomes – like fighting with friends, being arrested, and memory gaps – even if they do not relate strongly to their culture now, a new study suggests.… Read more: American Indian Teens Who Anticipate Future Affiliation with their Native Culture Experience Fewer Negative Consequences of Drinking
Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He is also the editor, producer and administrator of STM Daily News, a part of the TNC Network.