As Phoenix Comicon 2017 continued into Day 2 of the event, the man that caused a severe step up of security yesterday, made his first court appearance.
As a result of yesterday’s event, Phoenix Comicon made a few policy changes. Cosplayers are now not allowed to bring in props or prop weaponry of any kind. Other changes were in the limits of points of entry, and inspections of backpacks and bags. This meant longer wait times and lines to enter the event.
From my perspective, going through the new security measures seemed smoother than I thought it would be. Yes, upon arriving today, I noticed long lines at the entry points and at registration. It was a bit of an inconvenience, but I soon had my badge and lanyard and I was on my way to the event.
About 40 minutes after I picked up my badge, the long lines into registration were gone and visitors were able to pick up their badges easily.
Truthfully, I’d rather suffer a little bit of this inconvenience compared to the possibility of what very well could be a major incident. Whatever this individuals thoughts and motives, if it wasn’t for observant, quick thinking people, there more than likely would have been a major tragedy at this event.
Phoenix Comicon was well aware of the inconvenience and consequences these changes would mean to everyone attending the event. But safety should be everyone’s concern.
- Check Out the Iridium-2 Launch Webcast - June 25, 2017
- Solar Eclipse Across America: Science, Yes, and So Much More! - June 24, 2017
- Playster Partners With Nelvana To Add Popular Kids’ TV Shows To Its Catalog - June 21, 2017
- Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow Is Launching On June 29; Reveals New Animation Featuring Stephen Hawking, George Takei, Bill Nye, And Neil Degrasse Tyson - June 20, 2017
- Young Jamaican Actor Breaks Barriers, Opens Yacht Charter Company – Creates History - June 19, 2017
- E3 2017 WRAPS AFTER RECORD ATTENDANCE - June 17, 2017
- FLIGHT OF BOEING 787-10 AND 737-MAX 9 IN DRAMATIC DISPLAY - June 17, 2017
- ON THE HUNT FOR PORCH PIRATES - June 12, 2017
- Are UFOs Real? Ask Me, Please! - June 12, 2017
- Six Questions to Ask Your Insurance Agent - June 7, 2017