|LOS ANGELES, CA — [July 6, 2022] — TMS Entertainment Co., Ltd. announced that their original anime series, HIGH CARD, will air beginning in January 2023. The opening theme will be “Trickster” by FIVE NEW OLD.|
【First Key Visual and PV】
The key visual was illustrated by the Character Designer and Chief Animation Supervisor, Nozomi Kawano. The poster showcases the two-faced nature of the High Card members, who work dangerous missions using supernatural powers, while moonlighting as employees of a long-established car dealership.
The PV reveals the show’s artistic style and features Finn, and the other members of High Card, in exhilarating action scenes.
“Trickster” by FIVE NEW OLD, the international rock band, will be the opening theme of HIGH CARD.
FIVE NEW OLD
FIVE NEW OLD
HIROSHI (Vocal, Guitar) / WATARU (Guitar, Keyboards) / SHUN (Bass) / HAYATO (Drums)
|FIVE NEW OLD is a highly acclaimed international rock band known for their captivating stage presence and bilingual singer HIROSHI’s impressive vocals.|
【Additional Character Information】
Additional information on Bernard Symons and Theodore Constantine Pinochle has been released.
High Card’s Handler and Administrative Staff at Pinochle’s Old Maid branch. He does everything from making tea, cleaning, performing car maintenance, and relaying information to and from the head office. He is also Leo’s caretaker.
Theodore Constantine Pinochle
The boss of High Card and the CEO of Pinochle, a company built upon tradition and formalities. His administrative skills are highly trusted by political and business establishments. Being a cool-headed man of few words, even his son Leo knows little about his past.
The HIGH CARD anime staff will be comprised of talented individuals, with Haruna Nagata (Given) as the Chief Animation Supervisor and Ryo Takahashi (SK8 the Infinity) composing music.
Original work: TMS, Homura Kawamoto, Hikaru Muno
Director: Junichi Wada
【NEW】 Series Composition：Naoki Kuroyanagi
Screenplay: Kenichi Yamashita, Kazuhiko Inukai, Shingo Nagai
Character draft: Ebimo
Character design: Nozomi Kawano
【NEW】 Chief Animation Supervisor：Nozomi Kawano, Haruna Nagata
Action animation director / key animator: Shunpei Mochizuki, Junichi Hayama
Effect animation director: Takashi Hashimoto
Color design: Yumi Nanmoku
Art Director: Minoru Onishi, Akira Suzuki
Cinematographer: Tomoyuki Kunii
CG Director: Masafumi Uchiyama
【NEW】 Editor: Rie Ito
Card design: BALCOLONY.
Concept art: reoenl (FLAT STUDIO)
Sound Director: Shoji Hata
【NEW】 Sound Effects: Hiromune Kurahashi
【NEW】 Music: Ryo Takahashi
【NEW】 Opening song: FIVE NEW OLD “Trickster”（Warner Music Japan）
Animation production: STUDIO HIBARI CO., LTD.
Produced by: TMS ENTERTAINMENT CO., LTD.
About TV anime “HIGH CARD”
After discovering that his orphanage was on the brink of closing due to financial stress, Finn, who was living freely on the streets, set out for a casino with the aim of making a fortune.
However, nothing could have prepared Finn for the nightmare that was awaiting him. Once there, Finn encountered a car chase and bloody shootout caused by a man’s “lucky” card.
Finn will eventually learn what the shootout was about. The world order can be controlled by a set of 52 X-Playing cards with the power to bestow different superhuman powers and abilities to the ones that possess them. With these cards, people can access the hidden power of the “buddy” that can be found within themselves.
There is a secret group of players called High Card, who have been directly ordered by the king of Fourland to collect the cards that have been scattered throughout the kingdom, while moonlighting as employees of the long-established car maker Pinochle. Scouted to become the group’s fifth member, Finn soon joins the players on a dangerous mission to find these cards.
“All you need in life are manners, dignity, and the will to bet on your own life.”
However, Who’s Who, the rival car maker obsessed with defeating Pinochle, and the Klondikes, the infamous Mafia family, stand in the way of the gang.
A frenzied battle amongst these card obsessed players, fueled by justice, desire, and revenge, is about to begin!
Are you ready?
Finn Oldman: Gen Sato
Chris Redgrave: Toshiki Masuda
Leo Constantine Pinochle: Shun Horie
Wendy Sato: Haruka Shiraishi
Vijay Kumar Singh: Yuichiro Umehara
Bernard Symons: Kazuhiro Yamaji
Theodore Constantine Pinochle: Daisuke Ono
■Anime Official Twitter
■Anime official website
Source:TMS Entertainment Co.
- MONTRÉAL GIRLS celebrates a big night at The Los Angeles International Film FestivalThe film, helmed by Québec filmmaker Patricia Chica wins the Best Feature Award. From L. to R.: David Brulotte (Delegate General of Western United … MONTRÉAL GIRLS celebrates a big night at The Los Angeles International Film Festival To read more of this article, follow the link… https://stmdailynews.com/montreal-girls-celebrates-a-big-night-at-the-los-angeles-international-film-festival/ Rod WashingtonRod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer … Read more
- A Taste of Soul in LAThe 17th Annual Taste of Soul Street Festival returns this weekend offering more than 300 vendors, top recording artists, the Beer Garden, operated by KBLA and Mothers In Action and more.
- Original ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ Cast Judge Reinhold, John Ashton, Paul Reiser and Bronson Pinchot Return for Netflix’s ‘Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley’STM Daily News https://stmdailynews.com/original-beverly-hills-cop-cast-judge-reinhold-john-ashton-paul-reiser-and-bronson-pinchot-return-for-netflixs-beverly-hills-cop-axel-foley/ Netflix has announced that the four original cast members have joined the production of Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley… Original ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ Cast Judge Reinhold, John Ashton, Paul Reiser and Bronson Pinchot Return for Netflix’s ‘Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley’ TNCRod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes … Read more
- D23 Expo 2022 Brief HighlightsD23: The Official Disney Fan Club is the official fan club for The Walt Disney Company. Founded in 2009, the organization is known mainly for its biennial exposition event, the D23 Expo. The name D23 refers to D for Disney and 23 for 1923, which is the year Walt Disney founded the company. The seventh … Read more
- New documentary “The Detransition Diaries” explores the stories of three young women who thought transitioning to male would solve their gender dysphoriaThe Center for Bioethics and Culture has produced a powerful documentary film, “The Detransition Diaries: Saving Our Sisters,” giving the audience an intimate look into the lives of young women who came to believe they were born in the wrong body.
Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He is also the editor, producer and administrator of STM Daily News, a part of the TNC Network.